RE: March Crown update

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2004
      anastacia said:
      > Pass the word ... If you look under 35 and wish to drink booze of any
      > kind carry ID. The constables and others will be checking for IDs.

      What?!?!?! Ummm... Excuse me?!

      1. Please, please, please tell me this is *not* accurate!!!!

      2. If it is, in fact, accurate (gods forbid!!!!), when did this change
      because, as has been said on this list before:

      3. I did *not* sign up to be a cop! I do *not* want to be a cop! I am
      *not* a cop!!!!!

      I understand that the ruling was that, if a constable becomes aware of
      someone underage drinking, we're required to call the police. But nothing
      was mentioned *ever* about us having to card people.

      A very concerned Christophe

      P.S. This is most definitely *not* any sort of attack on Auntie and I hope
      she doesn't take it as such!!! (Hugs to Auntie!!)
    • anastacia
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 11, 2004
        Oh no, I'm fine, however, we are in a tough spot ... if they are not
        carrying id and we think they are under age ... how do we know when to call
        a cop? No ID, no booze???? You don't have to card anyone, just would like
        to put the stopper in the bottle before this season starts.

        So far you are the only person to have an issue with my post...hum shuffle,
        See ys there. Hugs to you too.

        Auntie
      • wulfy95113
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12, 2004
          We don't. We are not Police Officers, we can't ask for ID. Those
          SERVING alcohol can & should ask for ID- on the basis of "No ID - no
          booze"- but thay can't do anything else to enforce it. We- that is
          to say SCA inc, or the Kingdom of the West- are NOT (I hope)
          actually 'serving" alcohol- doing so would be a legal nitemare.
          Private parties have very limited legal responsibility, and thus we
          allow them to serve booze- but only if THEY check ID's. Private
          parties could also say "no ID, no entrance". If we, as the KoW- take
          on the responsibilty of checking ID- that means if anything bad
          happens alcohol-wise- then WE are legally respsonsible. As it is- we
          have no legal responsibility. This is why our Legal experts have
          said a resounding NO!! to the idea of *US* issueing "over 21" ID
          bracelets or stamps, etc.

          Sorry, but I'd call the Society Lawyer before I did this.

          Wulfy

          --- In wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com, anastacia <anastacia@a...>
          wrote:
          > Oh no, I'm fine, however, we are in a tough spot ... if they are not
          > carrying id and we think they are under age ... how do we know when
          to call
          > a cop? No ID, no booze???? You don't have to card anyone, just
          would like
          > to put the stopper in the bottle before this season starts.
          >
          > So far you are the only person to have an issue with my post...hum
          shuffle,
          > See ys there. Hugs to you too.
          >
          > Auntie
        • Dan Wagner
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 15, 2004
            Well, here's one other question which may make us think- are we gonna check
            the ID's of folks who look under 30 or so if they are smoking? It is just
            as illgeal for kids under 18 to smoke as it is for those 18>21 to drink.
            (And note *that* isn't even what most of us would call a 'crime" it is a
            violation of the Business & Professional Code (not the Penal Code), and thus
            is more of a "Code Violation". The fine is $250- or somewhat less than a
            carpool lane violation.)

            How about folks who are driving? Should we check their Drivers licenses?
            Wulfy
          • anastacia
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 15, 2004
              I am not EVEN going there! You shouldn't have either and that was the
              final stupid straw. I am taking myself off this list and chocking it all
              up to sh** stirring for the sake of sh** stirring of which there's enough
              in most of our lives already.

              At 05:27 PM 3/15/04 -0800, you wrote:
              >Well, here's one other question which may make us think- are we gonna check
              >the ID's of folks who look under 30 or so if they are smoking? It is just
              >as illgeal for kids under 18 to smoke as it is for those 18>21 to drink.
              >(And note *that* isn't even what most of us would call a 'crime" it is a
              >violation of the Business & Professional Code (not the Penal Code), and thus
              >is more of a "Code Violation". The fine is $250- or somewhat less than a
              >carpool lane violation.)
              >
              >How about folks who are driving? Should we check their Drivers licenses?
              >Wulfy

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Ragn Solvi
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 15, 2004
                Wulfy,
                You forgot proof of insurance and "green card"
                Lord Ragn

                Dan Wagner <wulfstand@...> wrote:
                Well, here's one other question which may make us think- are we gonna check
                the ID's of folks who look under 30 or so if they are smoking? It is just
                as illgeal for kids under 18 to smoke as it is for those 18>21 to drink.
                (And note *that* isn't even what most of us would call a 'crime" it is a
                violation of the Business & Professional Code (not the Penal Code), and thus
                is more of a "Code Violation". The fine is $250- or somewhat less than a
                carpool lane violation.)

                How about folks who are driving? Should we check their Drivers licenses?

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • Dan Wagner
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 15, 2004
                  I am sorry, Anastacia. This was not a reply to your march crown post. Bad
                  timing on my part.