Re: [West Constables] Waivers/Reports

  • Euriol
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
      Yes it does answer my question... but it brought up another one.

      I asked the autocrat if there was a discount for Children, so that morning
      we came up with one. 5 and under free, 6-12 $2. But this was not in the
      Page. How does the NMS apply in this case?

      I know... I know... I'm full of questions and likely have created a number
      or problems. I'm not concerned with any additional amounts that may have
      to be covered... just want to make sure that I learn from this experience.

      Euriol

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
        My Lord High Constable- this (waiver deputy) should be crossposted to all
        the lists. SCA-west, SCA-West Announce, Seneschals, Mists , local groups,
        etc. I can forward it to several of these if you like. Christophe can
        also.
        Thanks
        Wulfy

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
          It's an old cliche, but I firmly believe that the only dumb question is
          one not asked.

          My interpretation, and Alberic might overrule me as it's debatable... It
          doesn't matter what was printed in the Page. The actual policy as carried
          out at the gate is what matters. In this case, anyone 12 and under, the
          NMS doesn't apply. Anyone 13 and over, the NMS does apply. So any for
          non-members 13 and over, the NMS must be sent off.

          Christophe

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
            Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!! Today is the first I knew that our
            seneschal had "hired" a new waivers deputy.

            Al, want me to post this to the West list? I'll definitely pass it around
            the Mists and Darkwood... But that's the Kingdom list so I don't know if
            you want to make the post...

            Christophe

            Liane Kennedy said:
            > My Lord High Constable- this (waiver deputy) should be crossposted to
            > all the lists. SCA-west, SCA-West Announce, Seneschals, Mists , local
            > groups, etc. I can forward it to several of these if you like.
            > Christophe can also.
            > Thanks
            > Wulfy
            >
            > alberic_wolf wrote:
            >
            >> Please send all completed waivers from events to Lee Carter (Gwenyth
            >> of Mousehold Heath) 350 Arguello Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94118.
            >> (Please send to modern name as postman will not deliver to SCA name.)
            >> She is the new Waiver's Deputy for the WK Seneschal.
            >>
            >> Please send your CiC event reports to me for Kingdom Events and to the
            >> Principality Constables for Principality or local events.
            >> (Addresses in the Page) Reports can be sent via regular mail or e-
            >> mail - both are acceptable.
            >>
            >> Alberic Wolf
            >> West Kingdom Constable

          • ALBERIC WOLF
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
              I am going to have to talk with the Exchequer on this one - I think what was
              in the Page is what matters to Corporate as it is the published fees - but I
              will have to check. Since she is in Estrella, I can get back to you next
              week on this.

              Al

              >From: "Christophe d'Avignon" <christophe@...>
              >To: <wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: Re: [West Constables] Waivers/Reports
              >Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:57:04 -0800 (PST)
              >
              >It's an old cliche, but I firmly believe that the only dumb question is
              >one not asked.
              >
              >My interpretation, and Alberic might overrule me as it's debatable... It
              >doesn't matter what was printed in the Page. The actual policy as carried
              >out at the gate is what matters. In this case, anyone 12 and under, the
              >NMS doesn't apply. Anyone 13 and over, the NMS does apply. So any for
              >non-members 13 and over, the NMS must be sent off.
              >
              >Christophe
              >
              >Euriol said:
              > > Yes it does answer my question... but it brought up another one.
              > >
              > > I asked the autocrat if there was a discount for Children, so that
              > > morning we came up with one. 5 and under free, 6-12 $2. But this was not
              > > in the Page. How does the NMS apply in this case?
              > >
              > > I know... I know... I'm full of questions and likely have created a
              > > number or problems. I'm not concerned with any additional amounts that
              > > may have to be covered... just want to make sure that I learn from this
              > > experience.
              > >
              > > Euriol

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              Keep up with high-tech trends here at "Hook'd on Technology."
              http://special.msn.com/msnbc/hookedontech.armx
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
                That's cool. Thanks!

                Christophe

                ALBERIC WOLF said:
                > I am going to have to talk with the Exchequer on this one - I think what
                > was in the Page is what matters to Corporate as it is the published
                > fees - but I will have to check. Since she is in Estrella, I can get
                > back to you next week on this.
                >
                > Al
                >

                >>From: "Christophe d'Avignon" <christophe@...>
                >>To: <wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com>
                >>Subject: Re: [West Constables] Waivers/Reports
                >>Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:57:04 -0800 (PST)
                >>
                >>It's an old cliche, but I firmly believe that the only dumb question is
                >> one not asked.
                >>
                >>My interpretation, and Alberic might overrule me as it's debatable...
                >> It doesn't matter what was printed in the Page. The actual policy as
                >> carried out at the gate is what matters. In this case, anyone 12 and
                >> under, the NMS doesn't apply. Anyone 13 and over, the NMS does apply.
                >> So any for non-members 13 and over, the NMS must be sent off.
                >>
                >>Christophe
                >>
                >>Euriol said:
                >> > Yes it does answer my question... but it brought up another one.
                >> >
                >> > I asked the autocrat if there was a discount for Children, so that
                >> morning we came up with one. 5 and under free, 6-12 $2. But this was
                >> not in the Page. How does the NMS apply in this case?
                >> >
                >> > I know... I know... I'm full of questions and likely have created a
                >> number or problems. I'm not concerned with any additional amounts
                >> that may have to be covered... just want to make sure that I learn
                >> from this experience.
                >> >
                >> > Euriol

                >>Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Liane Kennedy
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
                  This is actually a problem that is more common that some might think. For some reason, many Autocrats do not
                  confer with the Exchequer or Constables office before deciding on site fees and go ahead and post the copy in the
                  Page. It has happened several times that I had to gently point out that it is the custom of the West that kinder
                  get a discount (note, only a custom, sometimes we are very strictly charged "per head' and those "heads' include
                  even babies, and so then we have to make a tough decision. Usually, the decision was to slightly raise the adult
                  fee, and only let the smallest Kinder get in for no charge) after the Page had been printed. Every time, the
                  autocrat has taken this into consideration, and we have had reduced fees for Kinder. Someone, ages ago, did ask
                  Corp what was policy on this, and the reply was that we could decrease site fees from posted Page, but not
                  increase them.

                  But whatever you guys decide. Just know that this has happened before, and it was "OKed" from Corp to lower fees
                  on the spot. This was before the NMS surcharge, of course.
                  Wulfy