Re: [West Constables] Waivers/Reports

  • Euriol
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
      Thanks for the many answers to my questions. I do not have a constable's
      handbook. Can anyone tell me what is required on the report. And for the War
      Collegium,
      is that considered local (since it was hosted/funded by Ecorngill) or
      Kingdom?

      Also, the medical waivers that have been mentioned, are there any copies of
      these about?

      Third, question. For the minors that were not charged the NMS (i.e. did not
      fall under the
      reduced rate), does the Shire need to pay the NMS for them?

      Euriol

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
        --- In wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com, "Euriol" <euriol@d...> wrote:
        > Thanks for the many answers to my questions. I do not have a
        constable's
        > handbook. Can anyone tell me what is required on the report. And
        for the War
        > Collegium,
        > is that considered local (since it was hosted/funded by Ecorngill)
        or
        > Kingdom?

        War Collegium has been considered a Kingdom Event. (However, if as
        you say it was funded by Ecorngil - Ecorngil kept the gate fees, it
        may be considered Local.) Why don't you send the report to
        Principality and copy to me until I talk to the Exchequer and sort
        this one out.

        A report can be as simple as "we had XXX number of people (please let
        me know members/non-members). The following incidents
        happened:...etc. There were X injuries: Name fell on his own
        Pike...etc. Definitely let me know any time that modern authorities
        or emergency medical personnel need to be called to site. Your
        reports become part of my report to the Kingdom.

        > Also, the medical waivers that have been mentioned, are there any
        copies of
        > these about?

        A Medical Waiver is a document (can be a simple letter ) written or
        typed. It needs to have: Name of minor, name of Guardian, "has
        permission from parent, name, to seek any medical care for my child,
        name, age, ....usually includes medical policy information and
        contact information for the parents. Usually included beginning and
        end date. Must be signed by the parent or Legal guardian.

        > Third, question. For the minors that were not charged the NMS (i.e.
        did not
        > fall under the
        > reduced rate), does the Shire need to pay the NMS for them?

        If the site fee was listed as a "donation" the NMS does not apply.
        Although this is supposed to be a Kingdom event - you say Ecorngill
        funded it? If Ecorngill kept the gate money, yes they are
        responsible for the NMS. (You can appeal to Fleig to get this
        covered under the WKWC.) Since the event listed no discount for
        minors (according to the Page) all non-members have to pay the NMS.
        According to the Page the fee was $5 members and $8 non-members. It
        says nothing about minors.

        Hope this answered your questions.

        Alberic Wolf
        West Kingdom Constable
      • Euriol
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
          Yes it does answer my question... but it brought up another one.

          I asked the autocrat if there was a discount for Children, so that morning
          we came up with one. 5 and under free, 6-12 $2. But this was not in the
          Page. How does the NMS apply in this case?

          I know... I know... I'm full of questions and likely have created a number
          or problems. I'm not concerned with any additional amounts that may have
          to be covered... just want to make sure that I learn from this experience.

        • Liane Kennedy
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
            My Lord High Constable- this (waiver deputy) should be crossposted to all
            the lists. SCA-west, SCA-West Announce, Seneschals, Mists , local groups,
            etc. I can forward it to several of these if you like. Christophe can
            also.
            Thanks
            Wulfy

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
              It's an old cliche, but I firmly believe that the only dumb question is
              one not asked.

              My interpretation, and Alberic might overrule me as it's debatable... It
              doesn't matter what was printed in the Page. The actual policy as carried
              out at the gate is what matters. In this case, anyone 12 and under, the
              NMS doesn't apply. Anyone 13 and over, the NMS does apply. So any for
              non-members 13 and over, the NMS must be sent off.

              Christophe

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
                Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!! Today is the first I knew that our
                seneschal had "hired" a new waivers deputy.

                Al, want me to post this to the West list? I'll definitely pass it around
                the Mists and Darkwood... But that's the Kingdom list so I don't know if
                you want to make the post...

                Christophe

                Liane Kennedy said:
                > My Lord High Constable- this (waiver deputy) should be crossposted to
                > all the lists. SCA-west, SCA-West Announce, Seneschals, Mists , local
                > groups, etc. I can forward it to several of these if you like.
                > Christophe can also.
                > Thanks
                > Wulfy
                >
                > alberic_wolf wrote:
                >
                >> Please send all completed waivers from events to Lee Carter (Gwenyth
                >> of Mousehold Heath) 350 Arguello Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94118.
                >> (Please send to modern name as postman will not deliver to SCA name.)
                >> She is the new Waiver's Deputy for the WK Seneschal.
                >>
                >> Please send your CiC event reports to me for Kingdom Events and to the
                >> Principality Constables for Principality or local events.
                >> (Addresses in the Page) Reports can be sent via regular mail or e-
                >> mail - both are acceptable.
                >>
                >> Alberic Wolf
                >> West Kingdom Constable

              • ALBERIC WOLF
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
                  I am going to have to talk with the Exchequer on this one - I think what was
                  in the Page is what matters to Corporate as it is the published fees - but I
                  will have to check. Since she is in Estrella, I can get back to you next
                  week on this.

                  Al

                  >From: "Christophe d'Avignon" <christophe@...>
                  >To: <wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: Re: [West Constables] Waivers/Reports
                  >Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:57:04 -0800 (PST)
                  >
                  >It's an old cliche, but I firmly believe that the only dumb question is
                  >one not asked.
                  >
                  >My interpretation, and Alberic might overrule me as it's debatable... It
                  >doesn't matter what was printed in the Page. The actual policy as carried
                  >out at the gate is what matters. In this case, anyone 12 and under, the
                  >NMS doesn't apply. Anyone 13 and over, the NMS does apply. So any for
                  >non-members 13 and over, the NMS must be sent off.
                  >
                  >Christophe
                  >
                  >Euriol said:
                  > > Yes it does answer my question... but it brought up another one.
                  > >
                  > > I asked the autocrat if there was a discount for Children, so that
                  > > morning we came up with one. 5 and under free, 6-12 $2. But this was not
                  > > in the Page. How does the NMS apply in this case?
                  > >
                  > > I know... I know... I'm full of questions and likely have created a
                  > > number or problems. I'm not concerned with any additional amounts that
                  > > may have to be covered... just want to make sure that I learn from this
                  > > experience.
                  > >
                  > > Euriol

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Keep up with high-tech trends here at "Hook'd on Technology."
                  http://special.msn.com/msnbc/hookedontech.armx
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
                    That's cool. Thanks!

                    Christophe

                    ALBERIC WOLF said:
                    > I am going to have to talk with the Exchequer on this one - I think what
                    > was in the Page is what matters to Corporate as it is the published
                    > fees - but I will have to check. Since she is in Estrella, I can get
                    > back to you next week on this.
                    >
                    > Al
                    >

                    >>From: "Christophe d'Avignon" <christophe@...>
                    >>To: <wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com>
                    >>Subject: Re: [West Constables] Waivers/Reports
                    >>Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:57:04 -0800 (PST)
                    >>
                    >>It's an old cliche, but I firmly believe that the only dumb question is
                    >> one not asked.
                    >>
                    >>My interpretation, and Alberic might overrule me as it's debatable...
                    >> It doesn't matter what was printed in the Page. The actual policy as
                    >> carried out at the gate is what matters. In this case, anyone 12 and
                    >> under, the NMS doesn't apply. Anyone 13 and over, the NMS does apply.
                    >> So any for non-members 13 and over, the NMS must be sent off.
                    >>
                    >>Christophe
                    >>
                    >>Euriol said:
                    >> > Yes it does answer my question... but it brought up another one.
                    >> >
                    >> > I asked the autocrat if there was a discount for Children, so that
                    >> morning we came up with one. 5 and under free, 6-12 $2. But this was
                    >> not in the Page. How does the NMS apply in this case?
                    >> >
                    >> > I know... I know... I'm full of questions and likely have created a
                    >> number or problems. I'm not concerned with any additional amounts
                    >> that may have to be covered... just want to make sure that I learn
                    >> from this experience.
                    >> >
                    >> > Euriol

                    >>Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Liane Kennedy
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
                      This is actually a problem that is more common that some might think. For some reason, many Autocrats do not
                      confer with the Exchequer or Constables office before deciding on site fees and go ahead and post the copy in the
                      Page. It has happened several times that I had to gently point out that it is the custom of the West that kinder
                      get a discount (note, only a custom, sometimes we are very strictly charged "per head' and those "heads' include
                      even babies, and so then we have to make a tough decision. Usually, the decision was to slightly raise the adult
                      fee, and only let the smallest Kinder get in for no charge) after the Page had been printed. Every time, the
                      autocrat has taken this into consideration, and we have had reduced fees for Kinder. Someone, ages ago, did ask
                      Corp what was policy on this, and the reply was that we could decrease site fees from posted Page, but not
                      increase them.

                      But whatever you guys decide. Just know that this has happened before, and it was "OKed" from Corp to lower fees
                      on the spot. This was before the NMS surcharge, of course.
                      Wulfy