Fire Regs at Darkwood A&S

  • Merrin Davidson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8 10:55 PM
      To: all those who are planning to attend Darkwood Arts & Sciences on
      September 19th - 21st

      From: The Darkwood Constables

      Greetings,

      At this time, there are some additional restrictions on fire use at
      this event. The Fort Ord Fire Chief is only permitting us to have
      Coleman-type stoves, well off the ground, for general use. Campfires
      are only permitted in the two official permanent firepits. These are
      the ONLY fires allowed.

      This means, no candles, oil lanterns, or any other fire sources,
      except for the above named types. We are still checking whether self-
      extinguishing propane lanterns will be OK or not.

      The Fire Chief will be coming on that Friday to examine a Regulas-
      style fire pit to see if he will also permit us to use them for
      campfires.

      All other West Kingdom Fire Rules will be in affect and STRICTLY
      enforced. Fort Ord has already had one fire. We don't want to risk
      losing this site

      We just wanted to give a general heads-up to anyone who is coming to
      the Darkwood A&S.

      If you have any questions pertaining to the above, please feel free
      to contact us.

      Yours in Service,

      Na'arah bat Avraham
      Jared of Castlewood