Re: [West Constables] Laws of the West

  • Glenn Gorsuch
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26 7:56 AM
      The Laws of the West can be found on www.westkingdom.org, but it's
      important to note that for the most part we don't have anything to do with
      those. I mean, besides following and obeying them ourselves. Most of
      those laws are in regards to awards and titles and that sort of thing. The
      fire rules are also on the Westkingdom site.

      If you're thinking of the *policies* that we as constables deal with, I'd
      look at the Constable's Handbook, available for download through this Yahoo
      group.

      One special SCA policy deserves special mention, however. Found at
      www.sca.org, it's the Grievance Procedure. I heartily recommend all
      constables get to know it very well, because when someone comes up to you
      complaining about "Person X has done Y to Z, and all because of Q", you can
      gently steer them to the Grievance Procedure as the SCA-wide recommended
      way to deal with "foo". And usually, once the complainant has gone through
      that, they've cooled down enough that it doesn't NEED us sticking our maces
      in, which is generally a good thing. And that's why the Procedure exists
      in the first place.

      Gwyn