Laws of the West

  • oldwolf1@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2013
      Could someone please post a .pdf or .Doc copy of the current WK Laws? Thanks.
    • Glenn Gorsuch
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2013
        The Laws of the West can be found on www.westkingdom.org, but it's
        important to note that for the most part we don't have anything to do with
        those. I mean, besides following and obeying them ourselves. Most of
        those laws are in regards to awards and titles and that sort of thing. The
        fire rules are also on the Westkingdom site.

        If you're thinking of the *policies* that we as constables deal with, I'd
        look at the Constable's Handbook, available for download through this Yahoo
        group.

        One special SCA policy deserves special mention, however. Found at
        www.sca.org, it's the Grievance Procedure. I heartily recommend all
        constables get to know it very well, because when someone comes up to you
        complaining about "Person X has done Y to Z, and all because of Q", you can
        gently steer them to the Grievance Procedure as the SCA-wide recommended
        way to deal with "foo". And usually, once the complainant has gone through
        that, they've cooled down enough that it doesn't NEED us sticking our maces
        in, which is generally a good thing. And that's why the Procedure exists
        in the first place.

        Gwyn