What is the 4th edition of the Constable Handbook date of revision?

  • Cameron (Cam)
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
      Hi, I hate to be a pain in the butt, but I'm looking at the 4th edition,
      and I can't seem to find the date this edition was updated. All I see
      isNovember 23rd, A.S. XLVI. Can you tell me what is XLVI (61) in arabic
      numerals?
      If you're trying to put down for example of the year 2004; then it would
      be written as MMIV. I hope I"m correct, but trying to remember Roman
      letters from grade school is a pain in the neck...
      Thanks,

    • Dan Wagner
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
        That would be the 61st years since the SCA was founded. Many SCA dates are given based upon AS 1 being the year of the first event.
        Wulfstan

        Sent from my iPad

        On Feb 12, 2013, at 1:11 AM, "Cameron (Cam)" <cameron_kg@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I hate to be a pain in the butt, but I'm looking at the 4th edition,
        > and I can't seem to find the date this edition was updated. All I see
        > isNovember 23rd, A.S. XLVI. Can you tell me what is XLVI (61) in arabic
        > numerals?
        > The fIf you're trying to put down for example of the year 2004; then it would
        > be written as MMIV. I hope I"m correct, but trying to remember Roman
        > letters from grade school is a pain in the neck...
        > Thanks,

      • Cameron (Cam)
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
          Okay, I still hate to be a dunce; but that still doesn't tell me the
          actual date. If WK was formed on May 1, 1966, and you're telling me
          that the this would be the 61st year since the founding, then 1966 + 61
          = 2027.. Even if I subtract 61 from 2013 it would only equal 1952, so
          could you just tell me the actual Roman numeral date the 4th edition of
          the Constabulary was revised?
          Thanks.

          --- In wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com, Dan Wagner wrote:

          > That would be the 61st years since the SCA was founded. Many SCA
          dates are given based upon AS 1 being the year of the first event.
          > Wulfstan
          >
          > Sent from my iPad
          >
          > On Feb 12, 2013, at 1:11 AM, "Cameron (Cam)" wrote:
          >
          > > Hi, I hate to be a pain in the butt, but I'm looking at the 4th
          edition,
          > > and I can't seem to find the date this edition was updated. All I
          see
          > > isNovember 23rd, A.S. XLVI. Can you tell me what is XLVI (61) in
          arabic
          > > numerals?
          > > The fIf you're trying to put down for example of the year 2004; then
          it would
          > > be written as MMIV. I hope I"m correct, but trying to remember Roman
          > > letters from grade school is a pain in the neck...
          > > Thanks,

        • DanaĆ« Fesler
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
            Actually that is year 46 of the society not 61 as we have not hit 50 yet:) and that translates to May 2011 to may 2012 currently we are in year 47 or XLVII. I hope this helps

            Hobbit
            On Feb 12, 2013, at 1:11 AM, Cameron (Cam) wrote:

            > Hi, I hate to be a pain in the butt, but I'm looking at the 4th edition,
            > and I can't seem to find the date this edition was updated. All I see
            > isNovember 23rd, A.S. XLVI. Can you tell me what is XLVI (61) in arabic
            > numerals?
            > If you're trying to put down for example of the year 2004; then it would
            > be written as MMIV. I hope I"m correct, but trying to remember Roman
            > letters from grade school is a pain in the neck...
            > Thanks,

          • Cameron (Cam)
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
              Thank you, that helps a lot....

              Hope to meet you wonderful folks who've been patient with my questions
              Cam