Re: [West Constables] meet & greet

  • Dan Wagner
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2013
      Welcome!

      I wish you all the best.

      Baron Wulstan

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jan 14, 2013, at 7:40 PM, "lamoocafe" <lamoocafe@...> wrote:

      > Greetings West Kingdom Constables,
      > I hope this letter finds you well.
      >
      > As the new West Kingdom Constable, I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My society name is Kalista Kulinona, modern name: Jenn Woodruff. I have been playing in the SCA for 13 years. I started my journey in the Shire of Castlemere in the Kingdom of Trimaris. I moved to the Shire of Crystalmist here in the Kingdom of the West 5 years ago. I have many interests in society such as fencing, heavy fighting, marshaling, sewing, beading, painting, calligrapy, heraldry, knitting, and any other fidget project I can fit in my basket.
      >
      > I have always held the Constables' office in high regard. This is one of the silent hero jobs: gate, safety, whatever else needs to be done. I have made a tradition of volunteering at gate at each event I attend and assisting the constables where needed. I also like to feed gate people. I have made a commitment to serve my kingdom and society to the best of my ability.
      >
      > I would like to meet you all. Please contact me: email (lamoocafe@...), phone (408) 600-5883, or in person. I would like to hear a little bit about yourself and how you came to be a constable. I am updating the constabulary records so your contact information will be very important.
      >
      > I look forward to working with each of you. I wish you all health, happiness and a blessed week.
      >
      > Yours in service,
      > Lady Kalista Kulinova
      > West Kingdom Constable

    • Sean Karp
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 21, 2013
        Hi,

        My name is Thorstein Raudskeggr and if I recall correctly we are Facebook friends. I became Constable of Silver Desert Province some 7 years back despite some plans to move away that did not come to fruition. I became Constable because the Province needed someone to and I wasn't busy. I began coming to SCA events in the West Kingdom some 32 years back when my mom began bringing me to events when I was a toddler. I have, over the years, lived in An Tir, Ansteorra, and Northshield as well.

        If my current desires come true I will have to give up my post by this time next year as I will have moved out of state.

        My contact info is:
        Sean Karp
        1345 Zephyr Way
        Sparks, NV 89431
        Cell: (775) 378-7070.

        Hope your having a good day!

        -Thorsteinn

      • Jenn
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 21, 2013
          Hi, Thorstein. Yes, we are Facebook friends. I'm so glad you are a constable. I will keep you in service as long as I can :) keep me posted on the plans to move :) hope all goes well.
          I look foreword to working with you.
          -Kalista
          Jenn