Re: [West Constables] was-Blue cards and sign-in at gate at Crown now WKWC usage.

  • Glenn Gorsuch
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 29, 2011
      Indeed, as our esteemed Francisco has stated (and others already noted) the
      membership card is about as easy to forge as a identification token can be.
      And for heavens' sake, let's not give the BoD the idea to do something more,
      like bar-codes, or plastic cards, or embedded RFID tags.

      But right now, the rule is to present those little, easily-forgable pieces
      of paper. Even when it offends the Western notion of honor (and,
      truthfully, having to do so annoys me too.) In point of fact, that's why
      the waiver text used to be on all the sign-in forms until recently--we were
      able to argue to the BoD that it didn't MATTER what color card, if any that
      you had, we made sure EVERYONE had that waiver for a given event.

      Just remember, if having to view someone's pasteboard offends your sense of
      honor, that our office is also in fealty to the King and our jobs ARE to
      follow the rules--doing your job, even if distasteful, is in itself a mark
      of honor.

      Oh, and it's VERY period, especially for us Welsh folk, to be able to spew
      out our lineage back to at least 9 generations at the drop of the proverbial
      liripipe. Insist that all pounds of flesh be properly trimmed and seasoned
      for cooking.

      Gwyn