An issue that came up at Ducal

  • christophedavignon
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2011
      I haven't seen (or I don't remember having seen) anything official about this so...

      Is there any official policy regarding marijuana, specifically for those who have their medical marijuana cards? I'm not talking about the guy who offered Ghislaine a hit, that's obviously off-limits (as in, felony off-limits).

      But for someone who is just standing around, toking up, with his/her pot card in their pouch. It's one of those grey areas. Since it's still officially illegal on a federal level, but the state has said it's ok. So how are we supposed to deal with it? Do we need to ask to see the card? That strikes me as getting close to law enforcement, which is something I've fought against the constables becoming...

      Anyway, I thought I'd bring it up and see what people think.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2011
        Smoking anything is not allowed in the Eric area, and should be in their camping
        area. The smoke should not intrude upon others. I'd say treat it just like cig
        smoke.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 12, 2011
          Greetings everyone,

          This is a subject that I have brought up in the Kingdom Officer’s Meeting and the current ruling on the matter is that there are a few different ways to deal with this situation depending on the circumstances.

          - If a person is smoking their medicinal marijuana in California, they have a right to do so (I don’t want to get into the federal laws and whatnot right now). However they have to follow the smoking laws for the area. Meaning smoking on the eric, merchant’s row, gate, and other locations depending on the event are prohibited.

          - The person must have on them AT ALL TIMES, a copy of their card stating they have the right to smoke medicinal marijuana.

          - We are an organization of chivalry and courtesy, we will ask people who are smoking to be courteous to their neighbors and move away from anyone who is allergic, takes mandatory drug tests, or is just opposed to the smoke.

          - If you have a person who is insistent on smoking wherever they want because of an excuse like “This is my medication and you can’t tell me where I can or can not take it,” calmly remind them that their medication has second hand effects on other members of the populace which may not be desirable. If they wish to take their medication where ever they wish. At many of the shops they have the option to purchase edibles which have similar effects that can be taken anywhere.

          I hope this helps. And if you have further questions we can address them here. Also these new rules will be going into the new constable handbook (it’s just waiting approval right now from higher ups).

          Francisco