what the heck

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
      happened at Purg?
      Wulfy

      "I congratulate hierarchy majesties on what appears to have been a wonderful
      step up. However I am posting as the site owner at this moment and my news is a
      bit grim. It would appear that while I was unable to attend the event some few
      did with great energy, shown by their great desire to get to site in all haste
      and the rambunctious party afterwards. Signs were posted asking you to slow
      down. You did not. A loud party area was set aside for your use. You ignored it.
      As a result from these actions and the friction they have caused with our
      neighbors, we have desired to not invite the SCA back for the 2012 event year.
      We may re-examine this decision for 2013. Thank you for your business.
      The Burney Family Trust "

    • Ivan
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
        Where did you get this note from?

        I don't remember any really loud parties nor any speeding.

        -Ivan
      • Danae Fesler
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
          It was posted to many of the lists a few days ago :(

          Hobbit
          On Sep 3, 2011, at 11:35 AM, Ivan wrote:

          > Where did you get this note from?
          >
          > I don't remember any really loud parties nor any speeding.
          >
          > -Ivan

        • Anthony McCarty
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
            I gotta say that wasnt how it was while i eas there....i thought it more subdued actually...

            On Sat Sep 3rd, 2011 12:31 PM PDT Danae Fesler wrote:

            >It was posted to many of the lists a few days ago :(
            >
            >Hobbit
            >On Sep 3, 2011, at 11:35 AM, Ivan wrote:
            >
            >> Where did you get this note from?
            >>
            >> I don't remember any really loud parties nor any speeding.
            >>
            >> -Ivan

          • John LaTorre
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2011
              Regarding the loss of the Quincy site:

              Disclaimer: I wasn't there, so these comments are meant to be general,
              not specific to that event.

              My understanding is that it wasn't the noisy party down by the creek
              that was the problem, but another one up by the eric. What doesn't seem
              loud to us, having camped in an SCA environment for some time, may
              indeed seem loud to those who are used to the peace and quiet of their
              property. And remember that sound travels in funny ways in the
              mountains; the sound that you no longer notice when you get fifty yards
              away from it may come in, clear as a bell, to somebody a half a mile away.

              Perhaps what is necessary is to re-educate the populace about the
              tolerable level of noise at an event, and about how sound propagates.

              Yours in service,

              Johann von Drachenfels