Question about Gate Sign In at a Demo

  • Robin Of Silverwood
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2011
      Hello,

      Just a question to clarify my understanding. In general, I have not seen sign in sheets & waivers at Demos. Last year when Southern Shores combined Warlords (SCA Event) with the Santa Clara County Fair Demo, I presented a "mobile gate" bringing my clipboard around to the SCA attendees for sign-in (there was no gate fee). Sheets for Fair attendees coming by our section was limited to those wanting to be on a list to get more information about the SCA and the Province of Southern Shores.

      This year, Warlords is not combined with the Demo. It is Demo / Fighter-Practice-as-Demo only (again, no site fee). I am assuming I'll do something like I did last year (although I can only be present for Saturday as I have to work during the Sunday "Fighter-Practice-as-Demo" portion).

      Given the new show card & tally section.... and given that this is a demo where fair goers may wish to participate in a bout of foam weapons combat but otherwise just be observers:
      1. Should I be collecting sign-ins / tally as present all SCA participants to submit to the Kingdom?
      2. What about waivers for foam-weapons participants (if non-SCA members)?
      3. Given the "Fighter-Practice-as-Demo" part for Sunday, is it necessary for a Constable to be present at a "demo"?

      YIS,
      Robin of Silverwood
      Constable, Province of Southern Shores

      Cc: Cynthia de Mithamroad, Santa Clara County Fair Demonstration Autocrat
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2011
        Good question Robin,

        As I have never run a demo at a county fair before, I am not entirely
        sure of what the policies of the event require. But what I would like
        to see is a tally of members attending the event as well as a waiver
        signed by any non-members participating in an activity that they could
        be injured.

        I can't ask you to make everyone who walks past the booth sign the form,
        but people who do hang around and are interested and want to participate
        should sign the waiver.

        Francisco

        p.s. sorry for getting back to you so late, I was sick for the past few
        days.