Constable Kit Ideas

  • greg Williams
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 27, 2010
      One of the ideas that popped into my Lady’s lovely head was to include
      a couple of blank membership forms in the kit. The idea being that,
      many times, Constable’s Point / Gate is easier to find for new folks
      than the Chatelaine Point.

      It sounded good to me so it's been added to the list.

      Gregor

      --
      When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an
      ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...

      Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos

      The Dreaded Blog - http://parrottude.blogspot.com/

      SCA Photo Pages -
      http://amberandgregsscaphotos.shutterfly.com/
    • Matilda
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
        That is a great idea! At my first event (AS 19) I wanted to sign up right away.

        A "gate copy" of the Page with paper/pen for transferring local group/upcoming event info would be handy to have as well. Often the friend that brought you is not a member or associates with a different area than you and the joining process gets stalled. And if a new person comes totally on their own... Not everyone has access to the websites. (I realize there are no "extra" Pages available-right?)

        YIS
        Matilda FitzRichard
        Constable hanger-on
        Former Kingdom Chatelaine

        --- In wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com, greg Williams <greg95111@...> wrote:

        > One of the ideas that popped into my Lady's lovely head was to include
        > a couple of blank membership forms in the kit. The idea being that,
        > many times, Constable's Point / Gate is easier to find for new folks
        > than the Chatelaine Point.
        >
        > It sounded good to me so it's been added to the list.
        >
        > Gregor
        >
        > --
        > When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an
        > ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
        >
        > Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos
        >
        > The Dreaded Blog - http://parrottude.blogspot.com/
        >
        > SCA Photo Pages -
        > http://amberandgregsscaphotos.shutterfly.com/

      • Glenn Gorsuch
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
          Just make sure that whoever it is that you give a membership application to
          knows that we can't take them (when filled out). and especially we can't
          take the money for them!

          Gwyn

          On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Matilda <mctil85@...> wrote:

          > That is a great idea! At my first event (AS 19) I wanted to sign up right
          > away.
          >
          > A "gate copy" of the Page with paper/pen for transferring local
          > group/upcoming event info would be handy to have as well. Often the friend
          > that brought you is not a member or associates with a different area than
          > you and the joining process gets stalled. And if a new person comes totally
          > on their own... Not everyone has access to the websites. (I realize there
          > are no "extra" Pages available-right?)
          >
          > YIS
          > Matilda FitzRichard
          > Constable hanger-on
          > Former Kingdom Chatelaine
          >
          > --- In wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com <wkconstabulary%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > greg Williams <greg95111@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > One of the ideas that popped into my Lady's lovely head was to include
          > > a couple of blank membership forms in the kit. The idea being that,
          > > many times, Constable's Point / Gate is easier to find for new folks
          > > than the Chatelaine Point.
          > >
          > > It sounded good to me so it's been added to the list.
          > >
          > > Gregor
          > >
          > > --
          > > When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an
          > > ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
          > >
          > > Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos
          > >
          > > The Dreaded Blog - http://parrottude.blogspot.com/
          > >
          > > SCA Photo Pages -
          > > http://amberandgregsscaphotos.shutterfly.com/

        • cathy blancett
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
            Just read the page and it appears there will be a site fee.
            Has a CiC been selected yet?
            Catherine of Wessex
            West Exchequer

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
              NO!  I have been so very busy with Mundane due to work obligations that I forgot about Collegium.  The autocrat has not contacted me as of yet. why is there a site fee?  the site is free. we have never had a fee before.  even so I will see if I can find one or do it myself.  Any vollenteers?
              COW

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
                Where is the event at?? Maybe I can do it

                Kelley Henry

                ____________ _________ _________ __

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
                  San Jose.  But if your not going then don't worry about it. I am going (had planned on fighting), but I can do both. I can can just get some trustworthy Member to sit the cash box for me. <grin>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
                    I can see if Mike is going and if he is I will sit box for the day

                    Kelley Henry

                    San Jose.  But if your not going then don't worry about it. I am going (had planned on fighting), but I can do both. I can can just get some trustworthy Member to sit the cash box for me. <grin>
                    Sven

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
                      Are there any other events that you will need a CIC for that I could help out with also

                      Kelley Henry

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
                        Good point, I think a short instruction sheet may find it's way into my kit.

                        Gregor