Re: [West Constables] Re: my page school class

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
      We were. I am training the page schoolers to help at gate and also to encourage them to volunteer. The older kids can be a big help at gate, trust me.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
        Maybe this is a good time to introduce a discussion on this too the list.
        Help at the gate is always appreciated, but it also can be a detriment.  I have had too many people at the gate wanting to help and while never wanting to be rude and chase off good help, distractions lead to mistakes.  We (constables) are in-trusted with the running of the gate.  Not so in a lot of other kingdoms.  It is important for our gate counts and box money to be correct.  I would never say that you can't have a friend or two to hangout with you as box constable , But... Distractions become a problem when our gate box comes up short on cash.  I would never ever insinuate that someone stole from the box ( it has happened ) but distractions lead to counting mistakes.  The Kingdom Exchequer gets upset when the box is short.  So please, if You are in-trusted with the safe keeping and running of the box I would ask that you keep your distractions to a minimum.  Thank you
        YIS
        Sven Gotfriedson
        CoW
        Give me two hours and we all get to have a good time.