Children and hazards

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2008
      Time for a High Constable rant.

      At this October Crown I had to shepherd young children away from the river on two occasions. On one of these, the children would not obey me and ran away, causing me to ask Her Majesty to borrow some of Her Guard to assist me in rounding them up.

      These were small children around 8 years old and were not under care of their parents. Note that two of the worst miscreants had parents that were Peers.

      If you are a parent and there is a hazard like the Russian River near, you may not let your young children run around un-supervised.

      Yes, I know the SCA is one place where you can let your guard down a little. But not to this extent.

      If at an event, the constabulary has to shoo unescorted an unescorted child away from a hazard a second time, I will ask the parents to leave the event.  There could be further sanctions.

      Wulfstan Darroldson, OP
      High Constable, KoW.