Re: [West Constables] Volunteers for ducal

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2008
      The "Cashbox Exchequer" policy is being rethought, and is somewhat in limbo right now. Due to that, and the joint nature of the event, I'd think you'd be safe if someone known & trusted was allowed to work the box for a while. Don't skip that privie break because you haven't seen their warrant! <g>

      However, we are still collecting those warrants! The rules are clear that the person has to be a Member. And we have to have contact info, ect. So, the Warrant provides all that. Even if we find we don't need a "warrant" we'll still need rostering info which would include all that warrant info. Ok, maybe just a membership number would suffice instead of a copy of the card, and a DLN instead of a copy. But still...

      We have been given some leeway on "cash box" constables, but let's keep sending in those warrants, and let's make sure anyone left with that box for an extended period is warranted, at least for now. The Ducal staff in charge of cash are "warranted' for this purpose.

      We do have a little more leeway at Ducal. No NMS (yay!). And also any member of Ducal staff or KHTI BoD becomes "known & trusted" of course. But let's not get crazy.

      Wulfy

      Glenn Gorsuch <ggorsuch@...> wrote:
      I'd be careful with that blanket statement...and run it past the boss-types
      to make sure. Ducal Prize is a *joint* event between KHTI and the West
      Kingdom of the SCA, and as such has to answer to both parties as to how this
      works. Generally, that's not a problem as the KHTI people ARE SCA-folk,
      but...making SURE is a good idea.

      Other SCA/West Kingdom polices are in effect at Ducal, and have been, such
      as the fire regs, the notion of moving your cars to the parking area, making
      an attempt at period garb, sign-in forms, camoflaging mundane pavillions on
      the Eric, and dealing with underage drinking.

      This in some ways is a recurring problem at Ducal, the notion that "It isn't
      an SCA event, so we can do whatever we want". This is why some of
      the..um..."centrally-challenged people" (cf "fringies") tend to show up at
      Ducal more than at other events. Then they get upset when we show up to
      spoil their fun. However, it's on the SCA calendar, it's in the Page, and
      if you look at the specific waivers for this event (You do have those,
      right, Ali?) it has both KHTI and SCA Inc(s) on them. That sounds pretty
      SCA-ish to me.
      Gwyn Chwith ap Llyr
      (and yes, you can count on me to volunteer for Ducal, and I am cashbox
      warranted. I think. I HOPE. :) )

      On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 9:54 AM, sven gotfriedson <
      sven_gotfriedson@...> wrote:
      (snip)

    • Ali of the aliness
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19, 2008
        Yes I have the correct forms. Thanks for all the input everybody.

        --
        Ali
        Alianora Of Prymrose