Waivers

  • revchewie
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2003
      For those who want/need them, I just uploaded the current
      waiver/sign-in form and minor waiver to the files section of the
      group's website. Go to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wkconstabulary/files/ and you'll see
      both waivers in Acrobat .pdf format and the sign-in form in Word .doc
      format also.

      Use them in good health. <grin>

      Christophe
    • euriol
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2004
        Greetings,

        This past weekend I ended up being CiC for War Collegium, our
        designated CiC came down sick. Luckily for me, it was just a one day
        event. But a couple of issues came up that I would like
        clarification upon.

        1) Children who are members: Is a Minor waiver still needed at the
        gate? Many parents pay for family membership in order to have the
        convenience of not having to fill out these waivers at gate. I
        worked under the assumption that their were new requirements that
        said this was to be done.

        2) Children who are not members: Is the Non-member surcharge
        applicable to them? Last I understood it did not, and I worked on
        this assumption.

        3)Guardian waiver for children. Is there a seperate waiver (not the
        Minor Waiver form) for minors who attend an event in the company of
        an adult who is not their legal guardian?

        4)We ran out of minor waiver forms at gate, due to the number of
        member minors who needed to have forms filled out. My husband looked
        online for the forms to print out so he could bring me extra copies
        at the event. Apparently the forms on westkingdom.org are out of
        date. Can we have the most current forms made available there?

        5)Lastly, is there a standard event report form that is needed to be
        sent in with the waiver forms? If so, can someone provide it to me.

        Yours in service,
        Euriol of Lothian
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 10, 2004
          Hi Euriol,

          > 1) Children who are members: Is a Minor waiver still needed at the
          > gate? Many parents pay for family membership in order to have the
          > convenience of not having to fill out these waivers at gate. I
          > worked under the assumption that their were new requirements that said
          > this was to be done.

          I haven't heard anything that requires this. That is, IMO, one of the
          great advantages of paying the membership for one's minor children. If the
          minor is a member, their waiver is on file with Milpitas, same as for
          adult members. There should be no need to fill out yet another waiver at
          each event.

          > 2) Children who are not members: Is the Non-member surcharge
          > applicable to them? Last I understood it did not, and I worked on this
          > assumption.

          When the NMS edict was handed down, they specifically said that it did not
          apply to any for whom there was a discounted site fee. So if, for example,
          site fee was $5, 12 and under $3, an adult non-member would pay $8 while a
          minor non-member would pay $3. A minor non-member between the ages of 13
          and 17 would still have to pay $8, though.

          > 3)Guardian waiver for children. Is there a seperate waiver (not the
          > Minor Waiver form) for minors who attend an event in the company of an
          > adult who is not their legal guardian?

          There is the medical permission form. It's not a waiver, it's just a form
          that allows a non-legal guardian to authorise medical care if needed. No
          other waiver, though.

          > 4)We ran out of minor waiver forms at gate, due to the number of
          > member minors who needed to have forms filled out. My husband looked
          > online for the forms to print out so he could bring me extra copies at
          > the event. Apparently the forms on westkingdom.org are out of
          > date. Can we have the most current forms made available there?

          The current roster-style waiver form and the minor form are both in the
          files section for this group.

          > 5)Lastly, is there a standard event report form that is needed to be
          > sent in with the waiver forms? If so, can someone provide it to me.

          Not that I know of. This one, I defer to our valiant leader... Al???

          Christophe
        • Rob Baldassano
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 10, 2004
            Hi Christophe,
            Thanks for replying to Euriol's email.

            One question...
            Who is in charge of letting the Kingdom Web Admin know that they have the
            wrong forms?
            The correct ones really should be up there, and the incorrect ones
            should NEVER be available.
            I made the mistake of printing out the wrong ones, and don't want to catch
            grief next time.
            Nor should some one be required to look in 2 or more places for the
            correct forms.

            --Eirik (stealh Constable)

            http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/LmiolB/TM
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 10, 2004
              Who's in charge of it? Dunno... I'll do it, though. You're right, having
              the wrong forms available is worse than worthless.

              Christophe

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 10, 2004
                I just looked... The adult forms on westkingdom.org are *way* out of date,
                true. But the minor waiver is the same one I'm using and the same one in
                the files section here on the group site. Is there another minor waiver
                somewhere that I don't know about?