12th Night lost

  • The MOMstable
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 28, 2008
      Did Aidan's blue velvet tunic end up in lost and found or information
      by any chance? Now there's a possibility that Kip/Jared loaded it
      somewhere "safe" and I just haven't found it yet, but neither he nor
      Aidan can recall. I think that Aidan took it off while sign boarding.

      Thanks,

      Na'arah

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 29, 2008
        The Kingdom Exchequer has informed me that neither Angus nor Gwyn are warranted either.

        Thus, technically, you guys cannot collect money at this point in time.

      • Glenn Gorsuch
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 29, 2008
          A bit late after last weekend...oh well, we were STILL only $5 off, even
          with the mess of trying to collect for the feast at the same time, yet
          separately. And since Gwen was there, she was implicitly remiss in letting
          me collect the funds. :P Either that, or somehow, Gwen and I are the only
          two people legally permitted to collect money for the cashbox in the
          Kingdom. How scary--for me and my wife.

          (Insert event report: No one died or got hauled away. 163 attendees. Gate
          cash discrepancy, $5. Waivers hand-delivered to waiver deputy. End report)

          However, a notion for the list, if y'all will indulge me.

          We, the Board, and everyone else are going at this all back-a$$wards. It's
          NOT a question of getting zillions of marginally (or not at all) trained
          people all warranted to run the cashbox. Nope, not at all.

          How is the person on the spot (be they Autocrat, Constable,
          Seneschal, exchequer, or Ambassador from Mars--whoever) going to KNOW Lord
          John X Doe is competent and warranted (note, two SEPARATE issues) to sit
          behind that box?

          For the competency issue, that's an argument for the use of the
          Constabulary. We're supposed to (and I do) train people how to do the
          job--which involves MUCH MORE than just making change, as we know. We have
          a system, granted, it doesn't always work, so we KNOW who has been given
          that training, and we keep an eye on people to make sure they're doing the
          right things. It still works better than not doing it at all.

          Now, how are we supposed to know they are warranted for the blessed
          cashbox? Do we develop a secret handshake? Wear a special signet ring with
          super-decoder abilities? Is there going to be some list, passed around?
          How often will it be updated, and what channels will it be updated through?
          No offense, but It's hard enough for one office to keep track of their own
          people, given we're a volunteer organization, much less some nebulous cloud
          of concerned citizenry from the Kingdom...some small proportion of which may
          be recognizable by the person trying desperately to find volunteers to help
          out. Gwen, you're NOT always going to be there to ask. Perhaps (he said,
          tongue in cheek), we have a special website set up, with pictures, and all
          their information--hangs out at camp so-and-so, their arms, physical stats,
          fingerprints--so we (or whoever ends up being responsible for the Gate), can
          find them...and that would need a special web-officer, dedicated to just
          those changes, properly background-cleared for all that sensitive
          information...of course, we'd also need satellite uplinks so we could always
          check said website at a given event...
          Humor aside, I don't particularly wish to be the one responsible for running
          a Gate as CinC where I *have* to accept people that *I* don't know are
          capable of doing what must be done. Sure, Gwen, you may tell me Lady U-rah
          has the clearance to run a cashbox...but can she handle newcomers in a
          tactful manner? Know where to send the police/paramedics/etc in a sudden
          crisis? Calm stressed people whose vital hasn't shown up yet? Make a
          judgement call on "letting someone in just for a minute to drop off.."?
          Dealing with a cranky royal? Turn away people who brought their pet to a
          no-pets site? How about handling occasionally troublesome mundanes who come
          looking for trouble? I *personally* have done all these things in the last
          year (except for the pet one...but I've done that in the past, too). Some
          of them many times. And I'm only supposed to be responsible for what, 5
          events a year? Gee, sounds to me like we need some sort of special Office
          to handle the responsibilities of the Gate. Oh, wait...we do have one,
          don't we?

          Gwyn
          CC of C.
          On Jan 29, 2008 12:35 AM, Daniel Wagner <wulfstand@...> wrote:

          > The Kingdom Exchequer has informed me that neither Angus nor Gwyn are
          > warranted either.
          >
          > Thus, technically, you guys cannot collect money at this point in time.
          >
          > Wulfy

        • Ginni Morgan
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 29, 2008
            No, I wasn't remiss in letting you collect money. You were doing it
            under the supervision of the principality exchequer who was in
            attendance. He should have checked that your warrants were up to date.

            However, I was remiss in not hitting you over the head with my cane :>)
            for failing to send me the appropriate paperwork in a timely fashion.

            Sooooo! Oh, Gwwwwyyyyyynnnnn! Where is your Request for Warrant (and
            supporting docs)?

            And Angus? I need paperwork from you as well. Soon, please?

            And last, but not least * Wulfstan? I need your paperwork, too.

            Gwenhwyfaer

            wrote:

            > The Kingdom Exchequer has informed me that neither Angus nor Gwyn
            are
            > warranted either.
            >
            > Thus, technically, you guys cannot collect money at this point in
            time.

            > Wulfy

            CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
            confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the
            use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use
            or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including
            the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended
            recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the
            communication.
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 29, 2008
              Just to make sure- is this the right form?

              http://www.westkingdom.org/exchequer/

              I agree with Gwyn in that we do need a list of those who the Exchequer has warranted, might be working gate, and capable of doing so. Whether or not they are quaified to peform the other, many & varied duties of a Constable is another issue entirely.

              Wulfy

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 29, 2008
                Well, now...I remember making *5* copies of the requisite information, and
                presenting it to you with my compliments last Cynaguan July Investiture that
                we held at Concow. That's the last *I* saw it. :)

                Also, you were there before Hrothgeirr. And since, according to the Board,
                YOU'RE the person that it all comes back to, and YOU're the one that does
                the approving...well...tsk tsk tsk. :)

              • Ginni Morgan
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 29, 2008
                  That is the form that is currently available. Yes.

                  Filling out the form

                  1) Write "Constable" on the line for branch.

                  2) Fill in the requested information

                  3) Send a copy of a photo ID. (Drivers license or other photo ID *
                  Required for all warranted offices that I know of. Besides, I don't
                  know most of you. I need that photo ID to confirm the address
                  information and to figure out who you are.)

                  4) Send a copy of your current membership card. (Required for all
                  warranted offices that I'm aware of)

                  5) Send a short statement of your experience handling money. (Again,
                  I don't know most of you. I'm not going to sign a warrant for you
                  without knowing that you have some familiarity with money-handling.)

                  At the bottom, have your principality or kingdom constable sign as
                  recommending you. Alternatively, you may have your principality
                  exchequer or seneschal sign instead.

                  E-mail me off list if you have questions regarding the forms and
                  information required.

                  I have the new form drafted. I've been trying to get it added to the
                  webpage for several weeks now.

                  Gwenhwyfaer

                  >>> Daniel Wagner <wulfstand@...> 1/29/08 2:51 PM >>>
                  Just to make sure- is this the right form?

                  http://www.westkingdom.org/exchequer/

                  I agree with Gwyn in that we do need a list of those who the
                  Exchequer has warranted, might be working gate, and capable of doing so.
                  Whether or not they are quaified to peform the other, many & varied
                  duties of a Constable is another issue entirely.

                  Wulfy

                  Ginni Morgan <Ginni.Morgan@...> wrote:
                  No, I wasn't remiss in letting you collect money. You were doing it
                  under the supervision of the principality exchequer who was in
                  attendance. He should have checked that your warrants were up to date.

                  However, I was remiss in not hitting you over the head with my cane
                  :>)

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 29, 2008
                    Okay, okay! I believe you. However, I don't remember getting the forms. Nor have I seen them at any time since. Maybe I'm blind! ;>) However, I don't have the paperwork now. Please, pretty please, would you send it again? And please accept my apologies.

                    Gwenhwyfaer

                    >>> Glenn Gorsuch <ggorsuch@...> 1/29/08 2:52 PM >>>
                    Well, now...I remember making *5* copies of the requisite information, and
                    presenting it to you with my compliments last Cynaguan July Investiture that
                    we held at Concow. That's the last *I* saw it. :)

                    <snip>

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 29, 2008
                      Good points. But I think it should be enough that Gwyn, Angus or I know the person. Heck, I approve things here at the CU as "PKB" (Personally Known By) all the time.

                      Folks, if getting someone else to sign is gonna delay your warrant, just sent direct to me, I'll sign, make a copy and forward to Ginni. If you don't think I know you, tell me who does.

                      I am still not convinced that we NEED a copy of the membership card, when the number is just as good. But send it anyway, please.

                      Folks- If any of these will greatly delay your warrant, send it along to me with a note, and we'll see what we can do. Don't let the lack of access to a copy machine stall your warrant for a long time. But if you can do it, make the copies, please!

                      Thanks!

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 29, 2008
                        Thank you.

                        Gwenhwyfaer

                        wrote:

                        > The Kingdom Exchequer has informed me that neither Angus nor Gwyn
                        are
                        > warranted either.
                        >
                        > Thus, technically, you guys cannot collect money at this point in
                        time.

                        > Wulfy

                        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may
                        contain
                        confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for
                        the
                        use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review,
                        use
                        or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including
                        the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended
                        recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the
                        communication.

                        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
                        confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the
                        use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use
                        or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including
                        the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended
                        recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the
                        communication.

                      • Danae Fesler
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 30, 2008
                          Greetings Wulfstan,

                          My request for warrent form and copies of my id and blue card are on
                          the way to you.:)

                          Danaë FitzRoberts aka Hobbit
                        • Ginni Morgan
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 31, 2008
                            Hobbit

                            You are a seneschal. You do not need to submit the form. You already
                            qualify.

                            Gwenhwyfaer

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 31, 2008
                              But, I'd still like to know you are willing and able to act as Gate Constable. Same thing with any other Exchequers and Seneschals. However, just a letter or email to that intent, with your qualifications is fine, along with a note "already warranted as xxxxxxx".

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 31, 2008
                                My address is
                                Dan Wagner
                                142 E Santa Clara #F,
                                San Jose, CA. 95113.

                                In some cases, stuff for me can be sent thru Duchess Eliana, who lives next door to me.

                              • Danae Fesler
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 31, 2008
                                  On Jan 31, 2008, at 9:23 AM, Ginni Morgan wrote:

                                  > Hobbit
                                  >
                                  > You are a seneschal. You do not need to submit the form. You already
                                  > qualify.
                                  >
                                  > Gwenhwyfaer

                                  Lol too late it went out in the mail already:)

                                  Hobbit
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 13, 2008
                                    Macha, I got your ID stuff in the mail, but no warrant? Did you send that seperately to Ginni?

                                    If Macha is not on this list but someone knows her, please forward this.

                                  • Ginni Morgan
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Feb 13, 2008
                                      I haven't received anything from her.

                                      Gwen