Re: Minor Medical Waivers

  • Willeam (Aros) Grenetrewis
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 23, 2007
      Thank you, Christophe, have fun in Vegas. I will be at Mists Coronet, but am on the Princess's Guard, so I will likely be working or on call much of the event. I should have some time to swing by gate and/or early firewalks. Hope to see you there. Are you CinC?

      Willeam Grenetrewis

      wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com wrote: WK Constabulary WK Constabulary

      2b.
      Re: Minor Medical Waivers Posted by: "Christophe d'Avignon" christophe@... christophedavignon Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:44 pm (PST) My understanding was:
      No notarization needed
      It's not necessary to have one but it *is* highly recommended. Unless
      she's going to be with you the *entire* time, so you'll be able to
      authorize medical attention if (dog forbid) it's needed, it's a good idea
      for her to carry it with her at all times onsite.

      Quoted from the form on the main sca.org website:
      The SCA requires minor participants (i.e., those having to have waivers)
      whose parents or legal guardians are not present at the event to have a
      valid Medical Authorization form. The SCA recommends use of the Medical
      Authorization for all minors whose parents or legal guardians are present.

      Hope this answers your question, Willeam.

      I won't be at Crown (going to Vegas!) but will I see you at Mists Coronet?
      Christophe

      Aros\ said:
      > Greetings! Sorry to bring back a dead horse, I hope we don't beat it
      > too severely. I will have my daughter with me at Crown, what was the
      > final word on the Minor Medical Waivers? Required? Notarized?
      >
      > Willeam Grenetrewis

      Back to top
      Messages in this topic (7)

      Visit Your Group

      Medieval tapestry
      Medieval costume
      Medieval and renaissance costume

      Apprentice LA
      Who will be next?
      Play the Bix.com
      faceoff to see!

      Yahoo! News
      Sports News
      Get up to the
      minute sports news

      Yahoo! TV
      "The 9"
      Daily count down
      of top Web finds.

      Need to Reply?

      "So may we eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may all die!"

    • The MOMstable
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 23, 2007
        With my kids, at local, small events, I don't fill them out. At larger
        ones, where it is likely both my lord and I will be working, I have
        them filled out. I make copies. One for each of them to carry. One
        for the "on parent" i.e. in camp or on the parental unit. And
        sometimes I make an extra copy for the Chirugeon - though generally
        they have no idea what to do with it. So unless it's a Chirugeon who
        knows me - I keep that copy in camp, too. I also let the folks I'm
        camping with know where things are. Mine are just old enough to allow
        to wander a bit without constant, direct supervision...as long as they
        stay together.

        Na'arah
        Mom of 2 boys - 13 going on 14, and 9 going on 26.

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...
        http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 23, 2007
          Nope, not CinC, but I'll be helping McStagger as needed.

          See you there,
          Christophe, enjoying not having *any* offices