Re: [West Constables] A very Important announcement

  • Sven Gotfriedson
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 12, 2006
      Please note that The post say's that we are strickly speaking of children not our own.

      I am aware that I am not the West Kingdom Constable but, I have spoken with her and I have been intouch with the powers that be.

      I also know that we must put the policy in the page before it can be enforced but the idea here was to get to the masses to try and get the wheels rolling. It was said that we would be looking for them at March crown not enforcing.

      I was told about the little girl from someone that I feel is a reliable source.
      Please do not attack me. I only want to do the right thing. and as far as I know , that is what I am doing.
      YIS
      Lord Sven Gotfriedson
      Constable of Cynagua
      Seneschal of Vakkerfjell
      In service to each other do we set our selves free
      (First Knight)
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 12, 2006
        At 5:17 PM -0800 3/12/06, Dan Wagner wrote:

        >2. This is now AS40, and this happened so far once in my 30 years or so of
        >being in the SCA, and in another Kingdom yet. Is it really time to panic?
        >Could this not wait until we have had a Kingdom Officers Meeting and input
        >from all the Officers and Populace?

        I would be very interested to know the following:

        1) In which kingdom did this occur?

        2) When did this occur?

        I'd not call anyone a liar, but I've witnessed a lot of...
        "embellishment and exaggeration" over the years, and I've never heard
        of this amputation case.

        I'm on an awful lot of lists across the Known World, as well as the
        Rialto (rec.org.sca), and such an incident should have at least been
        mentioned somewhere other than here, too.

        Ian Cradoc, OP, Atenveldt
        FORMER Senior Deputy Kingdom Sheriff, since demoted... YAY!
        --
        Inter spem curamque, timores inter et iras
        Omnem crede diem tibi diluxisse supremum:
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 12, 2006
          Sven, you're a great guy, I respect you, and I am not attacking you. I
          appreciate this was a difficult thing to have to pass on. But here's how I
          would have worded this:

          "There was an incident recently where a Minor was injured and that Minor did
          not have a Minor's Medical Waiver. We need to start educating the Populace
          about the fact that those minors who are not with their parents should have
          one of these Medical Waivers. Thus, at this upcoming Crown, the Gate will be
          asking folks with Children if they have one. If they do not, one will be
          provided, and the importance of having a valid Waiver will be stressed. The
          Crown is considering requiring that these Waivers for admittance to an Event
          (for Minors not with their parents), and also requiring the Waiver to be
          Notarized. Public input is sought on this. Any such change to Kingdom Law
          will be posted in the Page first, of course.Note that it isn't a bad idea
          for children that are with their parents to still carry this document on the
          child."

          Wulfstan