RE: [West Constables] A very Important announcement

  • Dan Wagner
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 12, 2006
      A few questions:

      1. Who made this new rule? If it is new Kingdom Law, it is not official
      until announced and then printed in the Page. And Sven, no disrepect
      intended, but you're not the Kingdom Constable.

      2. This is now AS40, and this happened so far once in my 30 years or so of
      being in the SCA, and in another Kingdom yet. Is it really time to panic?
      Could this not wait until we have had a Kingdom Officers Meeting and input
      from all the Officers and Populace?

      3. Minor Medical waivers are not within the Authority of the Constables.
      This form comes under the Authority of the Seneschale or the Chirugenate.
      The form has sometimes been provided by the Constabulary as a courtesty,
      sure.

      4. If you see the bolded section below, it states that ALL minors must have
      this Authorization, even those with attendant parents? "We the Constables of
      the West are going to have to start enforcing the SCA Rules and check that
      all Children on site at an Official SCA event must not only have a minor
      waiver form, but a Medical authorization Form that is NOTERIZED." (italics
      mine)

      Wulfstand Darroldson, OP

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 12, 2006
        Please note that The post say's that we are strickly speaking of children not our own.

        I am aware that I am not the West Kingdom Constable but, I have spoken with her and I have been intouch with the powers that be.

        I also know that we must put the policy in the page before it can be enforced but the idea here was to get to the masses to try and get the wheels rolling. It was said that we would be looking for them at March crown not enforcing.

        I was told about the little girl from someone that I feel is a reliable source.
        Please do not attack me. I only want to do the right thing. and as far as I know , that is what I am doing.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 12, 2006
          At 5:17 PM -0800 3/12/06, Dan Wagner wrote:

          >2. This is now AS40, and this happened so far once in my 30 years or so of
          >being in the SCA, and in another Kingdom yet. Is it really time to panic?
          >Could this not wait until we have had a Kingdom Officers Meeting and input
          >from all the Officers and Populace?

          I would be very interested to know the following:

          1) In which kingdom did this occur?

          2) When did this occur?

          I'd not call anyone a liar, but I've witnessed a lot of...
          "embellishment and exaggeration" over the years, and I've never heard
          of this amputation case.

          I'm on an awful lot of lists across the Known World, as well as the
          Rialto (rec.org.sca), and such an incident should have at least been
          mentioned somewhere other than here, too.

          Ian Cradoc, OP, Atenveldt
          FORMER Senior Deputy Kingdom Sheriff, since demoted... YAY!
          --
          Inter spem curamque, timores inter et iras
          Omnem crede diem tibi diluxisse supremum:
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12, 2006
            Sven, you're a great guy, I respect you, and I am not attacking you. I
            appreciate this was a difficult thing to have to pass on. But here's how I
            would have worded this:

            "There was an incident recently where a Minor was injured and that Minor did
            not have a Minor's Medical Waiver. We need to start educating the Populace
            about the fact that those minors who are not with their parents should have
            one of these Medical Waivers. Thus, at this upcoming Crown, the Gate will be
            asking folks with Children if they have one. If they do not, one will be
            provided, and the importance of having a valid Waiver will be stressed. The
            Crown is considering requiring that these Waivers for admittance to an Event
            (for Minors not with their parents), and also requiring the Waiver to be
            Notarized. Public input is sought on this. Any such change to Kingdom Law
            will be posted in the Page first, of course.Note that it isn't a bad idea
            for children that are with their parents to still carry this document on the
            child."

            Wulfstan