Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Security at Estrella War

Expand Messages
  • atensheriff@aol.com
    Bethia, That s too bad. I was looking forward to meeting the OTHER Bethia. :) yehudah ... In a message dated 11/11/2005 8:00:12 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 11, 2005
      Bethia,

      That's too bad. I was looking forward to meeting the OTHER Bethia. :)

      yehudah
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

      In a message dated 11/11/2005 8:00:12 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
      lady_bethia@... writes:
      I am sorry but I will not be able to attend.
      Bethia Kingdom Constable


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • atensheriff@aol.com
      Na arah, Chatting with Iain and Duncan is LESS chaotic? They don t call him Duncan the mad Scot for nothing!. Trust me! Over 15 years of these two...
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 11, 2005
        Na'arah,

        Chatting with Iain and Duncan is LESS chaotic?"

        They don't call him "Duncan the mad Scot" for nothing!.
        Trust me! Over 15 years of these two...

        When these two Scots work together, you can't understand a
        damn word they are saying!

        It's painful to hear a Scott's brough / Jersey slang in a compound dialect.
        <shiver>. Not unlike the frightening sounds produced if Louis Armstrong
        played the pipes.


        yehudah
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        Momstable wrote:
        Seriously, chatting with the dangerous duo wiled away the less chaotic
        portions of the evening. They are fun to talk with.


        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • John Groseclose
        At 12:18 PM -0500 11/11/05, atensheriff@aol.com wrote: Na arah, Chatting with Iain and Duncan is LESS chaotic? They don t call him Duncan the mad Scot for
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 11, 2005
          At 12:18 PM -0500 11/11/05, atensheriff@... wrote:
          Na'arah,

          Chatting with Iain and Duncan is LESS chaotic?"

          They don't call him "Duncan the mad Scot" for nothing!.
          Trust me! Over 15 years of these two...

          When these two Scots work together, you can't understand a
          damn word they are saying!

          It's painful to hear a Scott's brough / Jersey slang in a compound dialect.
          <shiver>. Not unlike the frightening sounds produced if Louis Armstrong
          played the pipes.

          We (Duncan and I) been trying to get some 15th Century Italian court
          garb done in gray pinstripes...

          :)

          Iain
          --
          Spam Delenda Est
        • The MOMstable
          Less chaotic then fires, brawls, and drunks...kind of. You know, I ve been looking into making pinstripe garb myself. I m partner in an SCA casino, and
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 11, 2005
            Less chaotic then fires, brawls, and drunks...kind of.

            You know, I've been looking into making pinstripe garb myself. I'm
            partner in an SCA casino, and thought that a pinstriped cotehardie
            would be wonderful.

            Na'arah

            --- John Groseclose <iain@...> wrote:

            > At 12:18 PM -0500 11/11/05, atensheriff@... wrote:
            > Na'arah,
            >
            > Chatting with Iain and Duncan is LESS chaotic?"
            >
            > They don't call him "Duncan the mad Scot" for nothing!.
            > Trust me! Over 15 years of these two...
            >
            > When these two Scots work together, you can't understand a
            > damn word they are saying!
            >
            > It's painful to hear a Scott's brough / Jersey slang in a compound
            > dialect.
            > <shiver>. Not unlike the frightening sounds produced if Louis
            > Armstrong
            > played the pipes.
            >
            > We (Duncan and I) been trying to get some 15th Century Italian court
            > garb done in gray pinstripes...
            >
            > :)
            >
            > Iain
            > --
            > Spam Delenda Est
            >




            __________________________________
            Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.
            http://farechase.yahoo.com
          • Susan Burch-Williamson
            Im sorry but my company will be moving to a new location in March and February is the month that poeple will panic in because the facillities won t be ready or
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 11, 2005
              Im sorry but my company will be moving to a new location in March and February is the month that poeple will panic in because the facillities won't be ready or right or what ever - sigh;-(
              Have fun though.
              Bethia

              atensheriff@... wrote:
              Bethia,

              That's too bad. I was looking forward to meeting the OTHER Bethia. :)

              yehudah
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

              In a message dated 11/11/2005 8:00:12 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
              lady_bethia@... writes:
              I am sorry but I will not be able to attend.
              Bethia Kingdom Constable


              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



              or go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wkconstabulary





              SPONSORED LINKS
              Medieval and renaissance costume Society for creative anachronism Medieval time dinner and tournament

              ---------------------------------
              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS


              Visit your group "wkconstabulary" on the web.

              To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
              wkconstabulary-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.


              ---------------------------------




              ---------------------------------
              Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • The MOMstable
              You could always come up to one of our events, Yehudah. I d feed you. Na arah ... __________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 11, 2005
                You could always come up to one of our events, Yehudah. I'd feed you.

                Na'arah

                --- Susan Burch-Williamson <lady_bethia@...> wrote:

                > Im sorry but my company will be moving to a new location in March and
                > February is the month that poeple will panic in because the
                > facillities won't be ready or right or what ever - sigh;-(
                > Have fun though.
                > Bethia
                >
                > atensheriff@... wrote:
                > Bethia,
                >
                > That's too bad. I was looking forward to meeting the OTHER Bethia.
                > :)
                >
                > yehudah
                > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                >
                > In a message dated 11/11/2005 8:00:12 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
                > lady_bethia@... writes:
                > I am sorry but I will not be able to attend.
                > Bethia Kingdom Constable
                >
                >
                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                >
                >
                >
                > or go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wkconstabulary
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > SPONSORED LINKS
                > Medieval and renaissance costume Society for creative anachronism
                > Medieval time dinner and tournament
                >
                > ---------------------------------
                > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                >
                >
                > Visit your group "wkconstabulary" on the web.
                >
                > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                > wkconstabulary-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                > Service.
                >
                >
                > ---------------------------------
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > ---------------------------------
                > Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.
                >
                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                >
                >




                __________________________________
                Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.
                http://farechase.yahoo.com
              • Christophe d'Avignon
                Okay. At this point, I m *hoping* to make it. And I ll know for sure before pre-reg closes. And if I *can* go, of course sign me up. 2 hour shifts? I must ve
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 11, 2005
                  Okay. At this point, I'm *hoping* to make it. And I'll know for sure
                  before pre-reg closes. And if I *can* go, of course sign me up. 2 hour
                  shifts? I must've CinC'd just one too many events because a 2 hour shift
                  sounds too short. <shrug> In other words, I'll take at two, they're small.
                  Ok, so I'm a nutter. <grin>

                  Wherever needed. I'm not picky.

                  Christophe

                  > I'm putting together a database right now of shifts and jobs. And I
                  > thought I'd ask the Constables first, before I opened it up to the
                  > general Western populace. Our shift is 8pm Friday to 8am Saturday. I'm
                  > trying to work it to be 2 hour shifts only (unless you WANT to work
                  > more).
                  >
                  > Jobs are foot patrol, gate, Security Hut (which means both covering
                  > paperwork and being my "Ack!!! I need another body in this slot"
                  > person. If you want to have a golf cart patrol you need to 1. work
                  > either gate or foot patrol for one hour, then you can have an hour of
                  > cart patrol. 2. if you want to DRIVE golf cart, you need to qualify as
                  > a driver per the regulations of Estrella (valid drivers license, proof
                  > of insurance, membership, etc.)
                • John LaTorre
                  Na arah doesn t mention two other perks: First, if you volunteer for work, your hours qualify your group for payments from the Estrella War profits ... a small
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 13, 2005
                    Na'arah doesn't mention two other perks:

                    First, if you volunteer for work, your hours qualify your group for payments
                    from the Estrella War profits ... a small amount of money kicked back to the
                    group you specify.

                    Second, you get tickets for a drawing of stuff donated by the merchants, in
                    proportion to your time. I think you have to be present to win the drawings,
                    which are held daily (IIRC).

                    I've donated a lot of hours to Estrella. I always give them my group for the
                    "kickback" payment, but tear up the tickets.

                    Unfortunately, I won't be able to volunteer for the Constabulary on Friday
                    night, as I'm not entirely sure at this point whether I'll be attending this
                    year. And even if I do, I'm usually too busy that night.

                    Baron Johann von Drachenfels (John LaTorre)
                  • John Groseclose
                    At 11:37 AM -0800 11/13/05, John LaTorre wrote: Second, you get tickets for a drawing of stuff donated by the merchants, in proportion to your time. I think
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 13, 2005
                      At 11:37 AM -0800 11/13/05, John LaTorre wrote:

                      Second, you get tickets for a drawing of stuff donated by the merchants, in
                      proportion to your time. I think you have to be present to win the drawings,
                      which are held daily (IIRC).

                      I've donated a lot of hours to Estrella. I always give them my group for the
                      "kickback" payment, but tear up the tickets.

                      Oh, don't do that.

                      Keep the tickets. If you spot folks doing things that you approve of,
                      pass your tickets on - I usually carry a few bits of brass, bronze,
                      garnet, and quartz to use as largesse, but the tickets are more
                      appreciated by some of the folks because they can win stuff that's
                      bigger or more expensive than convenient for me to carry in my
                      sporran.

                      Iain
                      --
                      Spam Delenda Est
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.