No Troll Here

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
      Greetings Good Gentles;

      We are Constables not Trolls. Troll is a cutsy term I don't really mind it but it suggests that we don't work at anything other than steal opps taking your money. We do alot more than the Front Gate duties.

      The place where you pay is the Gate or Front Gate and most often for me it is also the Constable's Point. Best place to find me.

      Thank you for your indulgence with my clearifications.

      In Service Bethia Kingdom Constable

    • Lady Kateryn de Ver
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
        Personally, I find it highly offensive.

        I am a person, and a Lady, I have not, nor do I ever plan to sit
        under a bridge and exhort money.

        I am a lady who donates her time to autocratting, helping other
        offices, and working the constabulary. To infer that I am a mythical
        creature, and an inherently ugly and unethical one, is very insulting
        and disrespectful to me.

        Although when people use the term with me, I feel sorry for them,
        they are likened to the people who run through the SCA dressed as
        satyrs, fairies, and other whimsical creatures, along with the ladies
        who think chain mail or fur bikinis are period... - I just assume
        they dont' "get it" or are from out of kingdom where it is
        acceptable. As a frequent autocrat I would never insult those
        constables who work with me in such a manner, it would be unthinkable.

        However, although I am well spoken on this issue, which is, as you
        can tell, a hot button with me, I have never jumped down someone for
        doing it...just forgiven them as you would a child caught picking
        their nose in public. Just because they don't have the sense to know
        how ridiculous and insulting they sound does not mean I should lower
        myself to their level by being publicly offronted.

        The ONLY reason you are getting this explanation out of me at this
        time...is simply....because you asked.

        Lady Kateryn de Ver
        Sr. Constable

        Lady Bethia said, and I concur: > We are Constables not Trolls.
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
          Lady Kateryn de Ver said:
          > Personally, I find it highly offensive.

          > The ONLY reason you are getting this explanation out of me at this
          > time...is simply....because you asked.

          And that's precisely why I did ask. Thanks to you, and to all who have
          replied (or will reply).