2191RE: [West Constables] FW: [sca-west] An Announcement about gate and Sign In Waivers

    Jul 14, 2011
      Lord Ioannes,

      Thank you for your reply to this subject. It is great to be hearing
      from other kingdoms on how their sign in process is run. Our old
      process was very similar to your current process in the Outlands, the
      only major change was that we allowed the guest to write their member
      number in the box on the sign in sheet.

      After a meeting with the Society Exchequer and the Society Seneschal it
      was deemed unnecessary to keep such a list at this time. Non-members
      will still be signing that form, which has the SCA release of Liability
      statement on the top of it, however members will no longer have to sign
      that form as their waiver is on file at the corporate office.

      Constabulary will keep a tally of attendees to the event of various
      types: Members, Minor members that are paying a reduced rate, Minor
      members that are free (under a certain age) and comps (Royalty) and any
      other category that need to apply for each event.

      Once again, thank you for your imput and if there are any other
      individuals on this list from other kingdoms who would like to describe
      your sign in process, I would love to hear it.

      Francisco

      Kingdom Constable

      From: wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:wkconstabulary%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
      wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com <mailto:wkconstabulary%40yahoogroups.com>
      ]
      On Behalf Of Nichollas
      Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:51 AM
      To: wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:wkconstabulary%40yahoogroups.com>
      and
      Sign In Waivers

      Greetings,

      I have a few questions/concerns regarding this policy.
      Without a sign in sheet how would we check to see if certain individuals
      were in attendance, especially if those people were up for awards, or
      not
      supposed to be there. Also won't this wreak havoc with the exchequers
      trying to figure out the head count, or how many people were comped in.
      know some indoor events have a limited head count for the buildings.
      This
      would also make it ridiculously difficult to track someone's attendance
      if
      it were necessary, say that someone is accusing someone else of
      something,
      without a sign in sheet to prove or disprove their attendance it might
      be
      difficult.

      I hope I'm not opening a can of worms, and please also know
      that all of this is said with respect, an open mind, a smile on my face,
      and
      beer in my hand if off duty. J It's just that after having to deal with
      too
      many years of pleah and needing those sheets on several occasion my old
      constable senses kick on with this one.

      Good Journey

      Nichollas Keene

      Retired Senior Teaching Constable

      Captain of the Secret Police of the Summits (Sshhh)

      From: wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com
      From: sca-west@yahoogroups.com <mailto:sca-west%40yahoogroups.com>
      <mailto:sca-west%40yahoogroups.com>
      <mailto:sca-west%40yahoogroups.com>