2032Re: [West Constables] New Constable looking for basic kit suggestions

    Jan 25, 2010
      There's should be a File in the Group about what to do when your Constable in Charge. It's pretty complete, I think.

      From: Glenn Gorsuch <ggorsuch@...>
      To: wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 4:54:40 PM
      Subject: Re: [West Constables] New Constable looking for basic kit suggestions

      Actually, you were there at October Crown, though at the event any number of
      Seniors, myself included, were about ready to duct-tape you into your chair
      so you didn't go meandering around the way you were, delaying your healing.
      And we were quite ready for you NOT to be there--hence the kits.

      My own kit-building actually dates from well before your time as CoW--old
      events, years back, when things weren't as nicely stable and organized as
      they are now.

      And as I re-read some earlier messages in this thread, I wanted to
      re-emphasize something else Sven said, about requesting seed money early.
      As it happens, I am married to the current Cynaguan Excehquer, and it REALLY
      makes it easier for everyone concerned if the event Exchequer can mail out a
      check to use for seed money, rather than trying to deal with someone
      bringing money of their own, and having to be reimbursed after the fact, and
      all. It's just a good financial practice. Pulling cash out of the drawer
      for on-site reimbursements is a big-league no-no...

      Gwyn