2025Re: [West Constables] New Constable looking for basic kit suggestions

    Jan 25, 2010
      Yea I knew it was my Mentor Gwyn. He is the consonant Boy Scout and always prepared for anything (even tornadoes ;0P). Like I said all great ideas.

      From: Ginni Morgan <Ginni.Morgan@...>
      To: wkconstabulary@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 3:41:11 PM
      Subject: Re: [West Constables] New Constable looking for basic kit suggestions

      Ahhhhh!  That explains a lot!  Big ;>)

      Gwenhwyfaer

      >>> greg Williams <greg95111@...> 1/25/10 3:32 PM >>>
      Blame Gwyn for it ;-)

      On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM, sven gotfriedson <
      sven_gotfriedson@...> wrote:

      > OKAY!!!!! LOL
      > As the West Kingdom Constable I would say that's a little crazy for a
      small
      > event that most constables will need.  While all these things would
      be great
      > to have,
      > these things I do believe you need.
      > ***SIDE NOTE***
      > Seed money should be requested 3 WEEKS in advance.  Time is needed to
      get
      > the requiered signitures on the check.
      >
      > 3 flat-clip clipboards
      >
      > 5-10 pens
      >
      > Extra Waivers (all the diffrent ones)
      >
      > constable's banner/tablecloth
      >
      > constable baldric or tabard
      >
      > sm plastic box to use as a cashbox if there's nothing else to use
      >
      > bank bag*
      >
      > folding chair and table.
      >
      > All these items are a must for any small event.  If you are the CiC
      > (Constable in Charge at a large event (i.e. principality or Kingdom)
      You
      > should be able to get most of the rest from your Prospective
      Constables. If

      <mcmullen.wiredawg@...<mcmullen.wiredawg%40gmail.com>

      <wkconstabulary%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 2:51:48 PM
      > Subject: Re: [West Constables] New Constable looking for basic kit
      > suggestions
      >

      > Thank you. Now this helps out a lot
      >
      > On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:39 PM, greg Williams <greg95111@gmail.
      com>
> [...]
      > >
      > > *Constable Box Check List*
      > >

      > > ð 3 flat-clip clipboards, one of distinctly different color so I
      can
      > > use that for the guest (comp) sign ins. 2 is enough for most
      purposes.

      > > ð 5-10 pens--cheap, but make sure they write
      > >
      > > ð 1 roll duct tape
      > >
      > > ð 1 roll marker tape--you know that neon plastic stuff we use to
      mark
      > > off areas on site*
      > >
      > > ð 1 piece poster board, folded into quarters (for making signs)*
      > >
      > > ð small battery-powered LED lantern* (they have a really nice one
      at
      > > Walmart for $5, it can flash in red also)
      > >
      > > ð 20 blank multi-signature waivers
      > >
      > > ð 10 blank multi-minor waivers
      > >
      > > ð 5 minor medical auths
      > >
      > > ð 6-8 8.5x11" manilla envelopes--for full waivers/collection of
      money

      > > ð magic marker*
      > >
      > > ð staple gun*
      > >
      > > ð constable's banner/tablecloth
      > >
      > > ð constable baldric or tabard
      > >
      > > ð flashlight or two
      > >
      > > ð flashing warning lights
      > >
      > > ð 2 family channel 2-mile radios*
      > >
      > > ð Hastings' Lock*
      > >
      > > ð sunscreen
      > >
      > > ð folding hat*
      > >
      > > ð t-tunic*
      > >
      > > ð rain poncho*
      > >
      > > ð sm plastic box to use as a cashbox if there's nothing else to
      use

      > > ð bank bag*
      > >
      > > ð notepad
      > >
      > > ð pad of post-it notes
      > >
      > > ð 20 or so feet of strong cord
      >

      > > ð dog leash*
      > >
      > > ð grocery bag to use for trash at the gate
      > >
      > > ð small steel flask of mead* (no, I'm not kidding, but it's
      really,
      > > really optional--for when you get OFF gate)
      > >
      > > ð folding chair and table**
      > >
      > > ð cashbox**
      > >
      > > ð Sunshade**
      > >

      > > * I consider these optional, but handy especially at larger or
      overnight
      > > events. The garb is if I happen to roll onto site and find out for
      > > whatever
      > > reason "I'm it."
      > >

      > > **Not in the bag, but you need it for the gate
      > >

      > > Seed money for the gate should be arranged at least two weeks in
      advance.
      > > Oh, and if you're going to run the Gate, don't depend on waivers in
      the
      > > bag,
      > > make them fresh. The ones in the bag are for emergencies, like
      running
      > > out,
      > > or finding that whoever the C-in-C is has dropped the ball
      > >

      > > On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Matthew McMullen <
      > > mcmullen.wiredawg@ gmail.com> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Sir,
      > > >
      > > > I was wondering if there is an electronic version of the Kit. Or
      > > website
      > > > that I can find this info out? I am the constable for thye
      Mountains
      > Gate
      > > > Shire. Due to schedule conflicts and lack of funds I haven't been
      able
      > > do
      > > > anything in this position as of yet.
      > > >
      > > > Any help would be appreciated!
      > > >
      > > > Matthew McMullen
      > > > Mathias da Short
      > > >
      > > > On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:51 AM, greg Williams <greg95111@gmail.
      com

      Dragon...

      > > --
      > > When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an
      ill-tempered
      > > Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
      > >
      > > Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos
      > >
      > > The Dreaded Blog - http://parrottude. blogspot. com/
      > >
      > > SCA Photo Pages -
      > > http://amberandgreg sscaphotos. shutterfly. com/

      When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an
      ill-tempered
      Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...

      Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos

      The Dreaded Blog - http://parrottude.blogspot.com/

      SCA Photo Pages -
      http://amberandgregsscaphotos.shutterfly.com/

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
      confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the
      use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use
      or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including
      the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended
      recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the
      communication.