1382Re: [West Constables] Fire Pit Regs

  • Baccus Kaloethes
    May 31, 2006
      I've had several light weight run ins with welling
      meaning uninformed folk insisting to others that the
      18" rule was in fact regulations. First off, the fire
      policy is a policy not a regulation nor a rule...it
      only says no ground fires.

      I agree with Christophe, we need to let this one die a
      timely death and go quietly into the archives of
      urbane legends....

      Baccus

      --- Sven_gotfriedson@... wrote:

      > Greetings all,
      > I have a question on fire pit height. I am ashamed
      > to say this but, I had actually never read thru the
      > fire pit reg's. I mean I know the the safety rules
      > that we enforce but it was brought to my attention
      > that the part about the pit having to be 18" off the
      > ground is not mention in our handbook or on the West
      > kingdom web-site. I had just always assumed that
      > the regulation was there. I mean it has been beaten
      > in to my brain since I started training to be a
      > constable in the west. Where did the 18" rule come
      > from and why is it not in the handbook. Is it more
      > of a suggestion or is it really a requirement?
      >
      > Sven

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic