1201Re: [West Constables] To troll or not to troll

  • Larry McCoy
    Nov 8 12:18 AM
      Reverend Chewbacca wrote:

      >Ok, it's come up on the West list, so I thought I'd put it to the
      >constabulary. This is a sort of informal poll.
      >Do you find calling the gate, or even the constable sitting at gate,
      >"Troll" or "the Troll-booth" offensive?
      >No opinion
      >Not offensive at all
      >Mildly offensive
      >Moderately offensive
      >Seriously offensive
      >Feel free to email me privately with your opinion, or we can discuss
      >it on-list. Your choice.
      >My opinion (and this isn't meant to be leading, just to start the
      >discussion), I've thought of it as a cute pun since I first heard it
      >at my first or second event. I've never thought of it as offensive at
      >all, and never understood why it gets some people so upset.
      >My two centimes,
      Being a errr,,, hmmmm,,, "stick jock", I wouldn't pummel anyone that
      called me a troll..
      (if you've ever seen me early arisen before coffee is ready, I'm VERY

      But I personally don't care for it. (being called a troll while doing
      constable stuff)....
      But it doesn't really bug me...

      Sir Trelaine
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic