Response to Mike .... and some questions

  • Marie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
      CONGRATULATIONS, MIKE!!!  I hope that you will continue on your positive path!!!

      I am interested to know if anyone who goes to into the prisons can tell me which institutions presently have a Wiccan Group that is led by a volunteer from the outside community??  Can I get a list of them (and preferably, also who the volunteer ministers are at those facilities, in case I would need to contact them in regard to any "situation" that might arise there)?  It would be a lot easier than trying to call all of the different institutions and find out from the many Chaplains across the state.

      Also, how does the DOC know where there is a need or desire to establish such a group?  Do they actively solicit volunteers from outside pagan organizations?  I know that some of the internal procedures have recently changed within the DAI, but I'm wondering also whether all incarcerated pagans are still lumped under the "Wiccan" umbrella as far as religious practice goes??  I'd appreciate any answers, insight, or help with these questions ...

      - Lady Marie

    • wade m

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2008
          any new/newer folk please send a post as to who you are and what you are looking for from this list plus anything you think you might be able to contribute. also, if anyone knows of people that might be interested in this list please invite them as its open to all. on that note, if anyone is in contact with Lady Valley or Jamie Witch please let them know about this as i think their insight and experiances would be invaulable to this process. the email adresses i have for them have bounced. bb,
          wade

        • Mike Hale
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2008
            I have LAdy Valley's Email, but I am not sure if I can get ahold of her that way...but I will sure try

            BB Mike