Prison Book Drive Update

  • Lady Marie
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 6:45 AM
      Greetings, All!!

      'Just wanted to post an update on the Temple of the 4 Winds Book Drive for Pagan Prisoners.

      After a year of collecting donations for this project, we delivered a substantial amount of books to Chaplain Barwiss at Taycheedah Correctional Institution this weekend - 14 boxes of books for a grand total of 301 books to this institution!!! The great majority of them are related to Pagan Spirituality and Self-Help, with a few boxes of books for the General Library as well. They have all been well documented, organized, and catalogued.

      One of our goals was to help create one of the largest pagan/metaphyisical prison libraries around - and since Wicca is basically a matri-focal religion, we decided to do this mainly at the ladies' prison at Taycheedah. I think that with this major donation, we are well on our way to seeing that dream realized here in Wisconsin.

      We still have several more boxes of books that have been sorted out and organized exclusively for the men's prisons (although as I understand it, with the Inter-Library loan system, the books will be made availiable throughout the DOC facilities), but as we are still involved in our Pagan Book Drive, we will wait until we have a few more to make it worth the trip to wherever they end up!

      If you are interested in making any book donations or want more information on this important project, please contact me via email at: ladymarie@... or click on our "Book Drive" page at www.alluniqueart.com

      We wish to extend a very SINCERE THANKS to all who contributed, to the vendors who have been kind enough to offer us a donation box in their bookstores (Celtic Gypsey in Waukesha and The House of Magick in Milwaukee) and a special "THANK YOU!" to Lady Valley for helping with the approval process!! We appreciate your help in making our project such a big success for pagan prisoners around the state!!

      Brightest Blessings for a Positive Future,

      Lady Marie Yohann, HPS
      Temple of the 4 Winds, Milwaukee