up and running!!

  • wade
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2008
      alrighty, we are up and running, letters coming in and soon to be
      going out. if anyone else is interested in that end of things please
      drop marshall a line. on that, Lady Marie, has there been any uptick
      in letters to you? i put in another order of books through azure
      green and will be taking those and the last of the donated books
      inside by the end of the month. any news on more books out there? we
      will soon need a basic cooraspondence course for basic pagan 101 as
      well as asatru/druid/wicca and the like. also a state-wide resource
      list of any group willing to be listed is a idea that been in the back
      of my head for a decade now, i'm sure we could overlap the idea of a
      basic resource as well as a prison-specific guide. any takers?:-) bb,
      wade
    • Marie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2008
        Hey, Wade ...

        In answer to your questions:

        I haven't been noticing much more correspondence to the Temple, but I have quite a few books gathered right now for donations (127, to be exact - not including a few cassette tape study course collections).  We have donation boxes located at several book stores in the area.  I am also anticipating a large donation from a particular personal estate liquidation (which will include many books that are not pagan-related, but will go to prison libraries also).  We are working on cataloging them and contacting chaplains personally to arrange the donations.  Our plan is to spread them out accross the state - especially at prisons where there are no volunteers.

        Our Temple has a correspondence course for members who are incarcerated, and a dear friend of mine who is another Reverend (Gayle Murray) that has worked with prisoners in Washington State for nearly as long - or longer, even - than I have, also has a couple of excellent correspondence trainings that she has been sharing with pagans in Wisconsin prisons, too.

        If anyone is interested in those, they can contact me at the Temple for more info.

        Next sememster, I will be lecturing at Carroll College on our Temple's prison ministry.

        That's it from my end.
        - Lady Marie
      • Mike Hale
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2008
          Wade, and others,

          Is the pagan 101 going to be geared towards inmates? If so it seems to me that we have a good group of ex-inmates...myself included that may have some input to that. I think that the best way to go about that is to start a thread and ask for input from the ex inmates, and from the in prison volunteers that have been going in and know the actual rules for what is allowed and what isn't