Re: New Schola St. George Study Group

  • livinghistorysociety
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2004
      This is the sort of thing that's been lacking in the area for a long
      time. I look forward to attending.

      --- In wisconsinlivinghistorysociety@yahoogroups.com, "Lloyd Clark"
      <joustwarrior@y...> wrote:

      > http://www.scholasaintgeorge.org/SEWI.html
      >
      > This study group is being formed from the Wisconsin King's
      Champions
      > Joust and Historical Performance Troupe, but all interested
      > individuals are invited to come and study with us. We hope to
      begin
      > classes in January in Beaver Dam.
      >
      > We will also be hosting Joust Training beginning in the Spring for
      > qualified equestrians. The training will prepare riders to compete
      > in International Jousting Association (www.worldjousting.com)
      > tournaments at up to level 3.
      >
      > We are also looking for interested reenactors to join our troupe to
      > assist in our joust shows, living history presentations, and
      > educational presentations. If interested, please drop me a line.
      >
      > Break a Lance,
      >
      > Lloyd Clark
      > www.historiccamelot.org
      > www.kingschampions.com
    • livinghistorysociety
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 21, 2004
        What are the age limits for training? I have Two ten y/o's and a
        14y/o that would enjoy this too. (I'm already getting a few new
        shinai to convert)

        <joustwarrior@y...> wrote:

        > http://www.scholasaintgeorge.org/SEWI.html
        >
        > This study group is being formed from the Wisconsin King's Champions
        > Joust and Historical Performance Troupe, but all interested
        > individuals are invited to come and study with us. We hope to begin
        > classes in January in Beaver Dam.
        >
        > We will also be hosting Joust Training beginning in the Spring for
        > qualified equestrians. The training will prepare riders to compete
        > in International Jousting Association (www.worldjousting.com)
        > tournaments at up to level 3.
        >
        > We are also looking for interested reenactors to join our troupe to
        > assist in our joust shows, living history presentations, and
        > educational presentations. If interested, please drop me a line.
        >
        > Break a Lance,
        >
        > Lloyd Clark
        > www.historiccamelot.org
        > www.kingschampions.com
      • Lloyd Clark
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 27, 2004
          Once we are up and running, I hope to include "youth" classes as
          well. I will keep everyone updated as we get further along.

          Again, anyone interested should contact me directly at
          Joustwarrioratyahoodotcom.

          Cheers!

          Lloyd

          livinghistorysociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > What are the age limits for training? I have Two ten y/o's and a
          > 14y/o that would enjoy this too. (I'm already getting a few new
          > shinai to convert)
          >

          > --- In wisconsinlivinghistorysociety@yahoogroups.com, "Lloyd Clark"
          > <joustwarrior@y...> wrote:
          > >

          > > http://www.scholasaintgeorge.org/SEWI.html
          > >
          > > This study group is being formed from the Wisconsin King's
          Champions
          > > Joust and Historical Performance Troupe, but all interested
          > > individuals are invited to come and study with us. We hope to
          begin
          > > classes in January in Beaver Dam.
          > >
          > > We will also be hosting Joust Training beginning in the Spring
          for
          > > qualified equestrians. The training will prepare riders to
          compete
          > > in International Jousting Association (www.worldjousting.com)
          > > tournaments at up to level 3.
          > >
          > > We are also looking for interested reenactors to join our troupe
          > > assist in our joust shows, living history presentations, and
          > > educational presentations. If interested, please drop me a line.
          > >
          > > Break a Lance,
          > >
          > > Lloyd Clark
          > > www.historiccamelot.org
          > > www.kingschampions.com
        • Lloyd Clark
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
            I spoke with Brian Price and he told me that many of the study groups
            have "youth classes" and has forwarded me the minor waiver. So we
            will be having youth classes as well (now if we just find a
            location...)

            Lloyd