Wanted People to dress in Viking Garb for "BEOWULF & GRENDEL" Movie.

  • Ragnarr Alfordson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      Hey gang,

      I just got an email from Sturla Gunnarsson. He is asking if I could
      pass some info along to other Viking re-enactors. Here is the email
      that he sent me.

      "Hi Ragnarr, how are you? We're opening San Francisco and coming your
      way
      soon. I have a query from our distributor which I thought I'd run by
      you.
      In Seattle, several guys came to the screenings in full costume and the
      media loved it. They're wondering if there are any groups like yours
      in New
      York and/or SanFrancisco who would be interested in participating in a
      kind
      of media event at the premiere of the film. Any thoughts/advice would
      be
      appreciated.

      All the best -- Sturla

      http://www.sfweekly.com/Issues/2006-06-28/film/film2.html "

      I told him that I would put the word out and so I am.
      If any of you are in these areas and would like to be involved please
      let me know and I will pass it along to him.

      Here is a list of the citys that are confurmed for the movie to be
      shown in so far.

      USA CITIES & DATES
      More cities will be added as they're announced!

      SEATTLE - June 16th - Varsity (Landmark)

      SAN FRANCISCO - June 30th - Opera Plaza (Landmark)

      NEW YORK - July 7th - Quad (not landmark)

      CHICAGO - July 14th - Century (Landmark)

      LOS ANGELES - July 28th - Westside Pavilion (Landmark)

      BOSTON - August 11 - Kendall Square (Landmark)

      DENVER, Colorado - August 4-11 - Starz Film Center

      WHITEFISH, Montana - September 8-10 - Whitefish Theatre Co.

      Please pass the word to everyone that you know that would be
      interested in dressing up in garb, to help promote the movie.

      Thank you all for your time.

      P.S. I will be posting this to every Viking type group that I belong
      to so if you see it too many times, I am sorry.

      Ragnarr Alfordson
      Chieftain
      Dark Ages Living History Association.

      http://profiles.yahoo.com/viking_warlord2000

      http://www.dalha.org/

      "Jeremiah 1:14, Then the Lord said unto me, Out of the North an evil
      shall come forth upon all the inhabitant of the land, the Vikings are
      Gods instrument of divine retribution upon the sinful. Oh Lord save us
      from the fury of the Norsemen!" Alcuin of York 796 C.E.