FS/FT: Stainless Gauntlets and Icefalcon 14th Century Armour

  • Lloyd Clark
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2006
      As a result of some recent armour purchases and a trade with Duke
      Alphonse I find that I have some armour that I really don't need.

      To be exact:

      I have one set of stainless gauntlets for sale for $150 + shipping [
      OR at least $75 and trade goods.

      You can see them here (sorry about the quality of the pics they
      really don't do justice to the quality of the gauntlets):

      http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/joustwarrior/album?.dir=d5ca&.src=ph&sto
      re=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

      The stainless gauntlets are pretty butch (at least 16ga stainless)
      and I have used them for jousting (as a manifer) for the past few
      years. Taken some direct lance hits (WCJA style - Real Jousting) on
      them without so much as a ding.

      The right gauntlet cuff is not complete (the left is) and would
      probably (I don't know as I am not SCA) need to have a covering piece
      attached to make it SCA legal.

      I don't know who made them, I got them in a trade with Viscount Leif
      Greyfox of Northshield.

      I have switched over to a set of finger gauntlets for both jousting
      and WMA and really don't have need of these.

      Also, I will be soon receiving a SS Icefalcon Custom Placard
      (starburst fluting) with splinted Tassets and Ducal grade sholders
      from a trade with Duke Alphonse (See Thread -
      http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54727) That
      was used it for one Gulf Wars(2005) a couple demos and FP, if you
      bought it new it would run you 695.00 plus shipping and fits a person
      6 ft tall and 48" around the waist with a thick padded gambeson and
      could fit up to a 50/52 with a lighter gambeson. I would like to
      sell this set for $400 + shipping (what I have into it) OR at least
      $300 and trade goods.

      You can see these items at Ice Falcon's site:

      http://icefalcon.safeshopper.com/3/15.htm?885

      &

      http://icefalcon.safeshopper.com/4/194.htm?180

      Trade Goods that I am looking for:

      XXLT Linen gambeson (or equivalent)
      LH Grade Corrizina or Coat of Platew (XXLT)
      LH Grade riveted maille shirt (XXL)
      LH Grade "Arthurian" (i.e. Romano-Celtic) Helm
      Riveted or good quality non-riveted aventail
      LH Grade wool clothing (5th century Briton)
      LH Grade wooden buckets
      LH Grade feast gear/dining sets/etc.
      A roman saddle
      A late roman equestrian spatha
      Or make an offer of any LH gear you might be looking to trade.

      I really have no use for either the gauntlets or the armour (I am not
      SCA)

      Please email with any questions or to negotiate trades!

      Sincerely,

      Lloyd Clark