Gourd books available through library

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2007
      Hi all. I was just searching the south central library system and see
      that they have expanded their collection of gourd books. The following
      fabulous titles are now available to check out - Gourd Spirit Dolls,
      Gourd Carving, and Beyond Basics. This is in addition to the Ginger
      Summit, Jim Weidess and Bonnie Gibson books that were already in their
      system. I LOVE the public library! They also have a great series that
      aired on PBS call "Craft in America" Though the show doesn't touch on
      gourds, the producers do a great job of capturing the essence of
      creating and the communities it forms. I just bought the companion
      book for the series and am constantly inspired by it.
    • Kat
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2007
        I usually check out books at the library first before buying them. Just
        in case they aren't as good as they look. The Milwaukee County library
        system doesn't have a very good selection of gourd crafting books. We
        have:

        Making Gourd Musical Instruments by Ginger Summit & Jim Widess
        Making Gourd Ornaments by Angela Mohr

        The rest are books from the 1960s and older! They do have a small
        selection of books on gourd growing too. And I hate older books because
        they have awful illustrations and/or pictures.

        I usually get my books on Amazon but look for the "used" books. I can
        usually get them considerably cheaper than buying the new ones.

        You're lucky to have a much nicer selection!