Re: NEW abstract gourd sculpture

  • terri schmit
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi Babur! The silk dye process is very popular with our members. It's
      time-consuming to prep, but the results are worth it. As always, your
      birdhouse is terrific. Your sense of color and design is just amazing.
      Thanks so much for sharing your art with us! What's your next project??

      --- In wisconsingourdsociety@yahoogroups.com, "babur benderlioglu"
      <lebab@...> wrote:

      > --- In wisconsingourdsociety@yahoogroups.com, terri labrosse
      > <wannagourd@> wrote:
      > >
      > > BIRDMANS BIRD HOUSE IS REALLY GREAT, IT REMINDS ME
      > > OF THE ALASKA TRIBAL ART. YOU HAVE A GREAT
      > > IMAGINATION. HOW MANY GOURDS DID YOU USE TO MAKE HIM??
      > > TERRI LABROSSE
      > > PS . I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF TERRIS SO THAT'S WHY
      > > I SIGNED MY WHOLE NAME.
      > > --- babur benderlioglu <lebab@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hi WGS's. I have just posted a photo of a new
      > > > sculpture; "BirdMan's
      > > > BirdHouse" this is the first time Iam trying to make
      > > > a BirdHouse.Iam
      > > > hoping that you give me your experienced
      > > > comments.Terri your Christmas
      > > > ornament with silkdye is so beautiful.Cheers. babur
      > > > Hi Terri.Thank you for your valuable comments as allways. I used
      > 4 gourds for this sculpture. Cheers. babur

      > > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • terri schmit
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 23, 2007
        hey babur-
        once again you've done a great job on the aboriginal totem piece! very
        original!

        happy holidays-
        terri

        <lebab@...> wrote:

        > My Dear Friends. I have just posted a photo of my new work.An
        > Aboriginal Totem called "MoonMan and MimiSpirits" This is an
        > Aboriginal Tradition.I used bamboo for the legs and hanging
        > MimiSpirits and the rest of the sculpture is gourd.I hope you give me
        > your most valuable comments please..Cheers..babur. p.s. Terri.my email
        > is bndrlgl@... the other one is not working at the moment.was a
        > government run com.they stoped all of a sudden...!!!

      • terri schmit
        Message 3 of 11 , May 3 11:03 AM
          hey barb - nice job on the geo gourd! wow....what're you using to get
          the white over the dark? all of the pics are fabulous. great job and
          thanks for sharing!
          ter
        • Barb & Hampton Rothwell

            Message 5 of 11 , May 3 1:25 PM

              Dear Friends,   I believe I am a member of the WI Gourd Group.  Is there any way to help me get registered for the Yahoo thing?  I thought I was a member of that also.  BUT, I did not keep a record of my ID and pass word.  I wrote to Yahoo but they don’t answer.  Any ideas?  Carol Stoegbauer

              What looks like white is really silver metal.

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 24, 2008
                Hi My WGS Friends...I have just posted my new abstract gourd
                sculpture "At The Beach" she stands 28"-70cm.high...I hope you like
                her....please post your valuable comments...thank you...best
                regards....babur
              • terri schmit
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 24, 2008
                  hello babur! at the beach is so much fun! as always your colors are
                  sublime and the subject matter is always fresh! keep the photos coming
                  - it's terrific to see your art...

                  i recently posted a piece called "whale watching" -- would love to
                  know what you think. it's a mask. i have another photo coming of my
                  latest, but haven't had time to upload it yet.

                  stay well, my friend -
                  terri

                  <lebab@...> wrote:

                  > Hi My WGS Friends...I have just posted my new abstract gourd
                  > sculpture "At The Beach" she stands 28"-70cm.high...I hope you like
                  > her....please post your valuable comments...thank you...best
                  > regards....babur

                • terri schmit
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 30, 2008
                    i've just finished mounting the large spirit doll on a piece of
                    saguaro cactus...she's in my photo album (the gourd girl), last entry
                    titled, "Desert Maiden" -- comments much appreciated.
                    terri
                  • Barb & Hampton Rothwell
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 30, 2008
                      terri,

                      Your desert maiden looked great when I first saw it, but putting it on the driftwood - WOW!

                      Barb

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 31, 2008
                        thanks, barb -- i look forward to seeing her along with all your art
                        and deb's at monroe next month!
                        ter

                        --- In wisconsingourdsociety@yahoogroups.com, "Barb & Hampton
                        Rothwell" <cvwrr@...> wrote:

                        > terri,
                        >
                        > Your desert maiden looked great when I first saw it, but putting it
                        on the driftwood - WOW!

                        > Barb

                      • babur benderlioglu
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 30, 2008
                          --- In wisconsingourdsociety@yahoogroups.com, "terri schmit"
                          <thegourdgirl@...> wrote:

                          > hi babur! whoa! i love the son of sultan. is that two gourds or
                          one?
                          > what a great idea....did you have a particular Shahzadah in mind
                          when
                          > you did this? i take it the nose and ears are separate pieces (of
                          > gourd?) - how are you attaching them?
                          > hope all is well with you -
                          > terri
                          > Hi Terri..Thank you..This 3 gourds..turban-face/head and body..the
                          eyes also separete..I glue them with wood glue..Cheers...babur