      From: cabinmade17 <cabinmade17@...>
      To: wisconsingourdsociety@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, June 5, 2009 5:20:57 PM
      Subject: [wisconsingourdsociety] 'FREE' carving burrs

      Here's a tip for all you carvers out there.
      I was/am a woodcarver before I became a gourder and get carving burrs, really fine, tiny ones, from my dentist for FREE! They use the really good tungston carbide burrs but don't use them very long before they change them out. There's still a lot of good sharp wear in them for wood or gourds. Have your dentist save them for you. They are cleaned and sterilized in an auto-clave so no worries about them being dirty.
      I lucked out about a year ago when my dentist updated his drilling equipment and gave me several packages of brand new carving burrs left over from his old equipment. Saved me hundreds of dollars in burrs. Well worth a try!
      In turn, I gave my dentist a carving of a wood spirit in a piece of found driftwood. Of course I carved him with a double set of big pearly whites! He mentions it every time I get my teeth cleaned!

      Bonnie Adams

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic