Upcoming Conference on Wireless Energy Transfer

  • Gary Peterson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7, 2011
      Here is a short abstract of the presentation TESLA'S WORLD WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM to be made at the upcoming Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe – Conference on Nikola Tesla and Wireless Transfer of Energy.  The event is scheduled for November 5, 2011 to be held at Berkner Hall, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Long Island, N.Y.

      TESLA'S WORLD WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM

      By the plan I had conceived, if it was realizable, it was just as easy to telegraph or telephone across the entire globe as it is across this room.
      – Nikola Tesla, 1916

      Tesla is well known for his pioneering development of the 3-phase AC electrical power system and the reworking of his predecessor's primitive radio-frequency power supplies, ultimately providing mankind with its first practical radio telecommunications system.  This presentation describes the development of some original electrical apparatus; from an early electric arc lighting system to his advanced global wireless telecommunications system.  A small-scale wireless transmission-reception system constructed after Tesla's original design is demonstrated.  Three different theories are proposed to explain its operation.

      Tesla spoke of a,

      "fundamental law of motion, which commands acceleration and increase of momentum or accumulation of energy under the action of a continuously acting force and tendency, and is the more true as every advance weakens the elements tending to produce friction and retardation." [ON ELECTRICITY, January 27, 1897]

      This phenomenon of an increase in electrical activity in a helical resonator over time by the periodic application of primary impulses, which is employed by Tesla-coil hobbyists to produce big sparks, is key to the performance of the Tesla wireless system as well.

      Radio and TV are not audiovisual aids for increasing or promoting the former ways of experience.  They are the new languages.  Firstly, we must learn and then we must teach these new languages in all their subtle details and abundances. – Marshall McLuhan

    • Greg Leyh
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 8, 2011
        Neat... is there a webpage with more info?

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 9, 2011

          CONFERENCE ON WIRELESS ENERGY

          When: November 5, 2011
          Where: Brookhaven National Laboratory, Long Island, NY
          Topic: Wireless Energy

          The Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe, Shoreham, NY, is organizing a day-long conference on November 5, 2011 at Brookhaven National Laboratory on Long Island.  The theme of the conference is "Wireless Energy."

          We invite people, organizations and businesses involved in wireless technology to participate as exhibitors and/or presenters.

          The purpose of the conference is to exchange information about the current status and future directions of wireless technology and to highlight the life and accomplishments of Nikola Tesla, the father of wireless technology.  We also hope to raise interest (and funds) to purchase Tesla's last remaining laboratory, just nine miles from the conference site, in Shoreham, NY.  This Stanford White-designed building is in poor condition and is in danger of being lost forever if action is not taken soon.  The Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe plans to restore the building and create a science and education center on the site.

          We encourage both technical and "popular" presentations and exhibits at the conference.  It will be open to the public, as well as to the scientific community.  The conference fee will be waived for presenters.  However, the Laboratory does require a separate fee for vendors who are not making a conference presentation.  There are a limited number of openings in our presenter schedule and exhibitor area, so we suggest that you respond soon to let us know if you are interested in participating.

          Please respond to the address below with your level of interest.

          We look forward to a successful, entertaining and enlightening conference, and hope that you will be joining us.

          Thank you.
          Jane Alcorn
          President

          Wireless Conference
          c/o Jane Alcorn
          Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe
          P.O. Box 552
          Shoreham, NY 11792
          www.teslasciencecenter.org

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 25, 2011

            Is there a webpage with more info?

            Yes, at http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=qi4icbhab&oeidk=a07e4l3ala05b707f08 .

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 17, 2011

              The Tesla Conference 2011 organizers have changed the venue to the Hilton Garden Inn, located in Riverhead, NY, a few miles north of Brookhaven National Laboratory.  Directions to the Hilton are at the end of this post.

              Accommodations are available at the Holiday Inn Express, also in Riverhead.  This hotel is near various attractions as well as shopping and restaurants.  It is about 5 minutes travel time between the conference hotel and the Holiday Inn.

              The conference organizers are hosting a Saturday evening reception at the Hilton Garden Inn including a Theremin performance ( www.performancekr.com ), and a presentation about Fragments From Olympus, a new film being made about Tesla ( www.fragmentsfromolympus.com ).

              Conference:
              Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
              2038 Old Country Rd.
              Riverhead, NY 11901
              (631) 727-2733

                Directions:  Take 495 East (Long Island Expressway or L.I.E.) to Exit 73 (Country Road 58 East).  When exiting the L.I.E. you will see the Hilton on your left.  Make the first available U-turn.  The Hilton will be on your immediate right. ***THE HOTEL DOES NOT SHOW UP ON MOST GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEMS*** Please call the Hilton for specific directions.

              Accommodations:
              Holiday Inn Express East End
              1707 County Road 58
              Riverhead, NY 11901
              (631) 548-1000

                Directions: Take the Long Island Expressway (495) to exit 72, Old Country Road (Route 58). Continue for approximately 1/2 mile. Hotel is on the right.

              Transportation To and From Hotels:
              Islip Macarthur Airport( ISP)
                  * Distance: 25.0 mi./40.23 km EAST to Hotels
                  * Time by Taxi: 25 Minutes
              John F Kennedy( JFK)
                  * Distance: 50.0 mi./80.47 km NORTH EAST to Hotels
              LaGuardia Airport( LGA)
                  * Distance: 50.0 mi./80.47 km EAST to Hotels
              Long Island Railroad Train
                  * Station Name: Riverhead
                  * Distance: 5.0 mi./8.05 km WEST to Hotels

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 28, 2011

                TESLA CONFERENCE 2011: EXPLORING TESLA'S TECHNOLOGIES

                Conference Flier:

                Conference Schedule
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wireless_energy_transmission/files/10%29%20Miscellaneous/Tesla_Conference_2011_Schedule.pdf

                Location:
                Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
                2038 Old Country Rd.
                Riverhead, NY 11901
                (631) 727-2733

                Directions:
                Take 495 East (Long Island Expressway or L.I.E.) to Exit 73 (Country Road 58 East). When exiting the L.I.E. you will see the Hilton on your left. Make the first available U-turn. The Hilton will be on your immediate right.

                ***THE HILTON DOES NOT SHOW UP ON MOST GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEMS***
                Please call (631) 727-2733 for specific directions.