Newsletter

  • eGroups
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 29, 2000
      LISA'S WINE NEWS
      August 28, 2000 - Vol. 2, No. 21

      This is definitely the month for visiting wineries!
      I've been to quite a few this month, plus wine festivals
      and more. Have you been roaming your home area,
      looking for wines to try? Let us know in the forum
      which you liked, and why!
      We'd love to hear about your exploits.

      CONTENTS:
      * WINE AND ANTIOXIDANTS
      * MOTORCYCLING TO WINERIES
      * DIGRAZIA WINERY IN CT
      * LAST DAYS - WIN A RIEDEL TASTING GLASS
      * FLAG HILL IN NH

      WINE AND ANTIOXIDANTS
      While some people take mega-doses of antioxidant pills,
      the wine drinkers sit back and sip another glass of Chianti.
      http://wine.about.com/library/weekly/aa082800.htm

      Would you like a formatted version of this newsletter, or are
      you using AOL? Read it on line here:
      <A HREF="http://wine.about.com/library/news/bl_nl_000828.htm">
      http://wine.about.com/library/news/bl_nl_000828.htm</A>

      MOTORCYCLING TO WINERIES
      Summer and fall are perfect motorcyling weather. Are you a
      two-wheeler? If so, read about our travels and learn more
      about how to combine these two pleasures safely.
      http://wine.about.com/library/weekly/aa081400.htm

      DIGRAZIA WINERY IN CT
      Dessert wines, ice wines, spiced wines and more from this
      winery on the Connecticut-New York border.
      http://wine.about.com/library/wineries/ct/bl_ct_digraz_0800.htm

      LAST DAYS - WIN A RIEDEL TASTING GLASS
      http://wine.about.com/library/contests/bl_ct_0008.htm

      FLAG HILL IN NH
      http://wine.about.com/library/wineries/nh/bl_nh_fh_800.htm

      FROM THE WINE FORUM
      "The connoisseurs held the ruby vintage up to the sunlight,
      swirled it in their glasses, and put their noses to the rim.
      "It smells like cow dung!" one exclaimed. "It won't be easy
      to swallow this one," another said. But so strong was the
      temptation to sample a 300-year-old bottle of wine recovered
      from a 17th-century Dutch warship that none of the experts on
      the panel was able to resist Friday. Indeed, they were in
      for a flavorful surprise. "There's a hint of fruit in it -
      of orange peel, marmalade and caramel. It's surprisingly
      good," said wine commentator Lucette Faber, swishing the
      liquid in her mouth as a fetid odor wafted through the
      tasting room.

      Yikes...would any of you have done it???"
      NYOUTZ
      http://www.delphi.com/ab-wine/messages/?msg=303.1&ctx=0

      Wine and food are the perfect combo! I always enjoy
      Italian Food
      http://italianfood.about.com/mbody.htm
      and
      French Food
      http://frenchfood.about.com/mbody.htm

      Are you near a winery that is going into harvest mode? Let
      us know what you see, and what they say the wines will be like!

      Lisa Shea, Wine Guide
      wine.guide@...
      http://wine.about.com

      Did you enjoy this newsletter? Share it with a friend!