2008 International Wind Diesel Conference - notice and call for presentations

  • Baring-Gould, Ian
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2008
      2008 International Wind Diesel Conference - notice and call for presentations

      Hello everybody

      With almost 4 years passing since the last Wind/Diesel Workshop and the price of diesel fuel almost doubling, the wind diesel industry has advanced in terms of technology, installed systems, and international interest.

      New systems have been installed from Alaska to the Galapagos Islands and several older sites have seen large expansions. The rising cost of diesel fuel and the maturing of the wind industry are continuing to spur the market forward, with projects being planned or implemented from Mongolia to Antarctica. As with all of the workshops in pervious years, this one will focus on what has worked and what has not, bringing the wind-diesel community together to share and discuss the current status of the technology and where we feel it should be going.

      We welcome you to attend the 2008 International Wind Diesel Workshop. Please come and join us at The Hotel Alyeska in Girdwood, Alaska April 23rd to 25th 2008.