Workshop on Wind Integration Madrid 2008
Windintegrationworkshop Madrid 2008
Energynautics GmbH CEO: Dr. Thomas Ackermann Phone: +49 (0)6103 982800 info(at)energynautics.com
Mühlstraße 51 Jörg Braun Fax: +49 (0)6103 982801 www.energynautics.com
63225 Langen, Germany Dr. Dörte Müller Amtsgericht Offenbach HRB 34563
Langen, Germany, January 08, 2008
If you do not wish to receive this new sletter please click here.
7 days left for abstracts: deadline is 18 January, 2008
First of all, we hope that you have had a successful start to the new year and would like to wish you, your colleagues and families a very happy and peaceful 2008.
With this newsletter we would like to remind you of the deadline for submitting abstracts for the 7th International Workshop on Large-Scale Integration of Wind Power into Power Systems as well as on Transmission Networks for Offshore Wind Farms which will be held in Madrid, Spain on 26-27 May, 2008. Abstracts will only be considered if received by 18 January, 2008. Based on the abstracts, authors will be notified of the acceptance of their papers by 4 February, 2008. Final papers have to be submitted by 28 April, 2008 at the latest. Authors will pay a reduced workshop fee.
The abstract should consist of a maximum of 300 words (free style) as well as of a brief summary of the nature of your work and level of expertise. Please select a subject for your work from the list of conference topics.
Proposed Preferential Topics
- Project experiences related to grid connection
- Experiences with large-scale integration of wind power into power systems
- Grid connection technologies - AC and DC strategies
- Advances in on- and offshore wind energy technology and grid connection
- IT technology for a large-scale integration of wind power
- Wind power monitoring and prediction systems
- Energy management systems for on- and offshore wind farms
- Modeling of wind turbines and wind farms for system integration studies including methods of testing and verification of compliance with requirements, and technologies (on grid side and wind turbine side) to facilitate integration
- Power balancing methods and solutions, e.g. balance markets, to manage wind power variability in power systems
- Regulations and standards for the grid connection of wind power
- Rules and mechanisms for integrating wind power in electricity markets
This workshop is sponsored by: Supported by:
The organization committee of the workshop are:
Energynautics GmbH, Germany, Asociación Empresarial Eólica - Spanish Wind Energy Association (aee) and Universidad Pontificia Comillas Madrid.
For general information, ideas, etc. concerning the workshop, please send an e-mail to:
Dr. Thomas Ackermann, Energynautics.