Reminder - Sixth International Workshop on Large-Scale Integration of Wind Power and Transmission Networks for Offshore Wind Farms

  • Thomas Ackermann
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2006
      It is still possible to register for the Sixth International Workshop on Large-Scale Integration of Wind Power and Transmission Networks for Offshore Wind Farms to be held in Delft, the Netherlands, on Thursday 26 and Friday 27 October 2006. Furthermore, we are organizing a field trip to Egmond aan Zee Offshore Wind Farm on 28 October, see also http://www.offshoreworkshop.org/.

      This years workshop program can be found at http://www.offshoreworkshop.org/docs/Program2006.pdf

      We only have a few places left, so register soon.!!!

      Into its 6th year, this event has developed into the premier workshop in its field in Europe. During two days, the workshop provides an excellent platform for exchanging knowledge and ideas and sharing experiences. Presentations are held by invited speakers from leading research institutes and companies as well as workshop participants. An important part of the workshop is devoted to in-depth discussions and brainstorming. The workshop provides an international forum to:

      - discuss technical and economic issues of the large-scale integration of wind power and the recent advances in AC and DC technologies;
      - discuss innovative ideas and present results from ongoing research;
      - stimulate interdisciplinary thinking between wind energy and power transmission industries, as well as universities;
      - identify subjects requiring more research efforts.

      A major goal is to develop a platform for discussing and sharing ideas and knowledge regarding the key issues. An important part of the workshop will be devoted to in-depth discussions and brainstorming.

      All information can be found on our website: http://www.offshoreworkshop.org/.

      We are looking forward to meeting you in Delft!

      The Sixth Workshop organized by Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands, in cooperation with Energynautics GmbH, Germany and the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden and financially supported by Shell/NoordzeeWind/Nuon, We@Sea, Vestas, TenneT TSO, Energinet.dk and E-Connection.

      regards,
      Thomas

      Thomas Ackermann, Ph.D.
      Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) School of Electrical Engineering
      Electric Power Systems
      Teknikringen 33, 10044 Stockholm, Sweden
      Mobil +46-(0)70-6639457, Privat Ph/ Fax: +46-(0)8-7674152 Work-Ph: +46-(0)8-7906639, Work-Fax: +46-(0)8-7906510
      Email: Thomas.Ackermann@...
      http://www.windpowerinpowersystems.info/
      http://www.offshoreworkshop.org/
      http://www.interscience.wiley.com/journal/windenergy