Survey REMINDER: Home & Farm Small Wind Industry RESPONSES DUE 1/13/06

  • Heather Rhoads-Weaver
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006
      To:   Retailers, Distributors, Installers, Component Vendors, Manufacturers, Real Estate Developers, Farm and Facility Managers, Prospective Investors, Utilities, Attorneys, Engineers, Consultants, Local Government Officials, Researchers, Educators, Advocates, Journalists, and others involved in the Small Wind Industry

      From:  Randall Swisher, AWEA Executive Director
               Britt Theismann, AWEA Membership Director
               Heather Rhoads-Weaver, AWEA Small Wind Advocate

      Thanks to those of you who have already taken the time to provide your input - we are pleased to see nearly 150 responses to the online "Home & Farm" Small Wind Industry Survey posted so far!

      If you haven't yet completed the Survey or know colleagues interested in expressing their opinions, we would appreciate hearing from you on these important issues. So that we can collect as many responses as possible, we have extended the deadline to next Friday, January 13th.

      The Survey is available at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=991711613482
      Please see below for additional background information.

      Thanks again for your time to help us broaden our network and determine the best ways that AWEA can support the Small Wind Industry. Your responses are valuable in guiding our efforts forward.

      At 03:30 PM 12/22/2005, Heather Rhoads-Weaver wrote:
      - Please Distribute -

      Small Wind Industry Members & Stakeholders: Your input is requested!

      AWEA's Small Wind Steering Group has developed a special survey to collect YOUR perspectives on important market and membership issues. In particular, we would like your help identifying the key areas of expected market growth, remedies to overcome critical barriers and challenges, and ideas for ways AWEA can best serve the "Home & Farm" Small Wind Industry (up to 100 kW).

      Please take a few minutes and respond to the questionnaire at:
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=991711613482

      Please be sure to complete all three sections by FRIDAY, JANUARY 13, 2006.

      Your responses are very important as we work to improve organizational support of small wind systems. We'd like to hear from a broad range of retailers, distributors, installers, component vendors, manufacturers, real estate developers, farm and facility managers, prospective investors, utilities, attorneys, engineers, consultants, local government officials, researchers, educators, advocates, journalists, and others involved in the "Home & Farm" Small Wind Industry.

      Manufacturers are asked to provide 2005 year-end sales estimates and updated forecasts in a linked section, at:
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=403391614551

      AWEA is eager to document the recent surges in consumer interest, and release a 2006 Global "Home & Farm" Small Wind Industry Market Update highlighting an industry segment poised for great success in meeting increased demand for on-site power production, gearing up to hit the mainstream with the help of policy mechanisms leveling the playing field.

      Past market status press releases have generated considerable “earned media” or free publicity for the wind industry, and this topic has been the most frequently asked about by reporters interested in small wind turbines. AWEA wants to increase the industry's ability to report on the residential, farm and consumer market for small wind turbines – but we can only do this with your help.

      We urge you to take the time to provide responses to the questions prepared by Jan. 13th to help us prepare for AWEA's upcoming Board of Directors meeting. Thanks in advance for your assistance in providing this essential information for AWEA to better aid the growth of the "Home & Farm" Small Wind market.

      Sincerely,

      Heather Rhoads-Weaver
      AWEA Small Wind Advocate

      P.S. If you are a current Business member, please also confirm your company’s profile on AWEA’s online membership directory at http://my.memberclicks.com/awea as a category has recently been added under Consultants for Small Wind to distinguish service providers from equipment providers.