Wind Diesel 2004

  • Baring-Gould, Ian
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2004
      Hello Everybody

      Wind diesel 2004 in Alyeska Alaska is coming closer, the end of next month!!!

      Our last gathering in 2002 was quite interesting as it was our first opportunity to talk about operational experience from wind diesel power systems. Two more years have passed and the number of operating systems has more than doubled! Currently we are expecting reports from over 10 operating power systems! During this event we will hear from more plant operators with long term experience as well as look into the actual costs of operating these systems.

      There will also be the usual reports from Industry and research organizations in addition to a two day site visit to Kotzebue and St. Paul Alaska, a low penetration and the premier high penetration, no storage power system.

      Updated information for the workshop can be found on the web site: http://www.eere.energy.gov/windpoweringamerica/wkshp_2004_wind_diesel.html

      We expect to update this site again early next week, so check back in!

      People who are interested in attending, a low rate block of hotel rooms are reserved until the 6th of September, so if you are coming please register and reserve a hotel room so that you are assured the low workshop rate.

      If you are interested in making a presentation at the workshop, please let me know as the final agenda is being drafted as we speak.

      Additionally, this year we are planning on holding a Wind Diesel 101 class on the morning of Tuesday, September 28th for people who would like to "get up to speed" before the workshop, so please feel free to sign up for that as well.

      Let me know if you have any questions or need further information,

      Best regards to all of you and I look forwards to seeing you up in Alaska,

      Ian

      E. Ian Baring-Gould
      Senior Mechanical Engineer
      National Wind Technology Center
      National Renewable Energy Laboratory - MS3811
      1617 Cole Blvd. Golden, Colorado 80401-3393 USA
      Phone: (+1) 303 384-7021 - Fax: (+1) 303 384-7097
      Email: ian_baring-gould@... www.nrel.gov