Wind-Diesel 2002: Tours, Deadlines and Discounts!

  • Decker, Lisa
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2002
      Hi folks,

      PIease note the updates of the optional Field Tours following the
      Wind-Diesel 2002 workshop in Anchorage, Alaska. See
      www.nrel.gov/wind_meetings/winddiesel for information on the workshop.

      TOURS
      There is no longer an option to attend just the Kotzebue wind-diesel
      project. The trip to Kotzebue is only being offered with a combined trip to
      Wales. Secondly, the tours are now scheduled on separate days so you have
      the option to attend both. The Kotzebue+Wales is on Wednesday, 25 September
      and the trip to St. Paul is Thursday, 26 September.

      Lastly, we have some updated information on the trip to Kotzebue and Wales.
      The airfare cost will range between $650 and $875, depending on the number
      of people registered. The trip will be completed in one day, returning to
      Anchorage late evening on the 25th.

      The deadline to register for the field tours is approaching quickly! We
      must know by Friday, 6 September the number of people interested in each of
      the tours. Please go to <http://www.nrel.gov/wind_meetings/winddiesel> to
      download the registration form and sign up for the tours. You will not be
      charged for a tour until we know the total number of people attending and
      until you are notified of the final cost.

      Other Important Info

      * In order to facilitate planning and food arrangements, we are
      offering a discounted registration fee of $100 for those registering by
      Friday, 6 September.

      * The Hotel Captain Cook is offering the excellent rate of $80/night
      for Wind-Diesel attendees, but rooms are limited and based on availability.
      The Hotel Captain Cook reservation line is 800-843-1950. Be sure to mention
      you are with the Wind-Diesel 2002 workshop to obtain the special rate.

      * The agenda will be posted on the website soon.

      * Also, there will be room available to have tabletop and full
      displays for interested sponsors. The cost of a tabletop will be $250 and
      if you are interested in bringing a full display, the cost will be $500.
      Please let me know if you are interested.

      Lisa Decker
      National Renewable Energy Laboratory
      303-384-6926
      lisa_decker@...