RE: [w-d] Wind-Diesel workshop 2002

  • Baring-Gould, Ian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2002
      Tom,

      Thank you for sending this out to the list serve, I was going to get to it
      by the end of the day.

      For people who did not get the original email from me inviting them to the
      workshop, this simply means that we did not have your proper email or you
      were not on the attendee lists from previous wind/diesel workshops.

      I will continue to post updates to the wind-diesel list serve, but if you
      are specifically interested in receiving more information about the workshop
      and logistics, please provide myself and Lisa Decker (lisa_decker@...)
      with your contact information (off the list serve please) and we will add
      you to the conference mailing list.

      As a side note, it looks like to dates are already wrong in this email, the
      true dates should be the September 23, 24 and 25. In addition, TDX
      corporation has offered to provide tours of the high penetration wind diesel
      system at St. Paul in addition to the possible tour of the power system in
      Kotzebue. We are still working on the logistics and will provide more as we
      work them out.

      Thanks again and we hope to see you all in Anchorage..

      Ian

      E. Ian Baring-Gould
      Senior Mechanical Engineer
      National Wind Technology Center
      National Renewable Energy Laboratory - MS3811
      1617 Cole Blvd. Golden, Colorado 80401-3393 USA
      Phone: (+1) 303 384-7021 - Fax: (+1) 303 384-6901
      From: "Baring-Gould, Ian" <ian_baring_gould@...>
      Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:26:54 -0600

      Since the last Wind Diesel Workshop in September of 2000, our industry has
      seen a great deal of change. In years past, meetings have been driven by
      researchers studding the technology, talking about how we could do it. The
      tides are turning, however; we can now talk about how it has been working.

      From Northern Alaska to Southern Chile, from high penetration wind-diesel
      plants to large-scale wind-diesel-hydro systems, the blades are turning.

      This is a very exciting time for our industry, a time where the research
      into systems continues but also where researchers can sit back and listen to
      the operators talk about how their systems are working. Not only test-bed
      systems connected to research stations, but commercially driven
      applications, operated by people with the title of Plant Manager, not
      Research Scientist.

      Come join us in Anchorage, Alaska on September 24th and 25th for a
      discussion about wind-diesel technology; covering current ongoing research
      and plant operating experience. Tours of an operating wind diesel system,
      likely Kotzebue Alaska, will be conducted on September 26th.

      We are still working on the logistics but will be providing more information
      to you shortly.

      We are also currently working on the agenda, if you are interested in making
      a presentation, please forward a short description to Ian Baring-Gould
      (ian_baring_gould@...).

      In addition, if you are not interested in receiving more information about
      the workshop, please reply to this email and we will remove your name from
      this list. On the same note, if you know of someone who would be interested
      in attending but who may not have gotten this email, please let us know.

      We look forward to seeing you in Anchorage....

      Sponsored by: NREL, the Alaska Energy Office, CanWEA, and AWEA.

      . To view previous messages from the list,
      subscribe to a daily digest of the list,
      or stop receiving the list by e-mail
      (and read it on the Web), go to
      http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/wind-diesel .
      . This e-mail discussion list is managed by
      the American Wind Energy Association:
      http://www.awea.org