FW: [a-w-h] Question about generator controls

  • Tom Gray
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2001
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Tammy Thibault [mailto:tammyt@...]
      Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 9:59 AM
      To: awea-wind-home@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [a-w-h] Question about generator controls

      I am currently writing a renewable energy program for an aboriginal college
      in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. I have been reading about the differences
      between DC generators and 3-phase alternators which are variable speed. I
      was wondering if a controller instead of a synchronous inverter could be
      used to regulate the power entering a battery bank. The systems the program
      is being constructed for remote aboriginal communities that will have no
      alternative power supply except a diesel generator.

      Any help I could get one this would be appreciated.

      Thank-you
      Tammy Thibault

      Renewable Energy Technology Writer
      Seven Generation Educational Institute
      Phone: (807) 274-0867
      Fax: (807 )274-8761

      . To view previous messages from the list,
      subscribe to a daily digest of the list,
      or stop receiving the list by e-mail
      (and read it on the Web), go to
      http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/awea-wind-home .
      . An FAQ on small wind systems is located at
      http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/ndsu/klemen .
      . This e-mail discussion list is managed by
      the American Wind Energy Association:
      http://www.awea.org