Costs for Power Plant Types

  • Byron Deans
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2001
      Does someone know where I can find a listing of installation costs by plant size for all renewable energy technologies compared to current plant costs (such as coal and nuclear.)

      I lists stating the price of electricity by source, but I would like to know what the upfront costs of building a wind plant, or solar, or natural gas fired plant is.

      Also, the fuel and operation and maintenance costs per kw would be very helpful.

      I have tried web searches using google, search.com and northernlight, and have found very little (some secondary stuff - $500 per kw for nat gas fired, $1,100 for biomass.)

      Any help would be much appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Byron Deans