Wind Power in Power Systems, 2nd Edition - Now available!
- Wind Power in Power Systems, 2nd Edition - Now available!
Hardcover: 1120 pages
This book presents an overview of the lessons learned in integrating wind power into power systems and provides an outlook of the relevant issues and solutions to allow even higher wind power penetration levels. This includes the development of standard wind turbine simulation models. This extensive update has 23 brand new chapters in cutting-edge areas including offshore wind farms and storage options, performance validation and certification for grid codes, and the provision of reactive power and voltage control from wind power plants.
- Offers an international perspective on integrating a high penetration of wind power into the power system, from basic network interconnection to industry deregulation;
- Outlines the methodology and results of European and North American large-scale grid integration studies;
- Extensive practical experience from wind power and power system experts and transmission systems operators in Germany, Denmark, Spain, UK, Ireland, USA, China and New Zealand;
- Presents various wind turbine designs from the electrical perspective and models for their simulation, and discusses industry standards and world-wide grid codes, along with power quality issues;
- Considers concepts to increase penetration of wind power in power systems, from wind turbine, power plant and power system redesign to smart grid and storage solutions.
Carefully edited for a highly coherent structure, this work remains an essential reference for power system engineers, transmission and distribution network operator and planner, wind turbine designers, wind project developers and wind energy consultants dealing with the integration of wind power into the distribution or transmission network. Up-to-date and comprehensive, it is also useful for graduate students, researchers, regulation authorities, and policy makers who work in the area of wind power and need to understand the relevant power system integration issues.
More information such as table of content, abstracts on chapters, or facts about book contributors can be found here:
[Fwd: Contact Details]
Thomas Ackermann, Ph.D.
Mobile Germany: +49 (0)15122661955
Mobile Sweden: +46 (0)763174561
Mühlstraße 51, 63225 Langen, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)6103 982800
Fax: +49 (0)6103 982801
Energynautics GmbH - Amtsgericht Offenbach HRB 34563
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Thomas Ackermann, Jörg Braun