59Save the Date: Wind Diesel 2004

  • Baring-Gould, Ian
    May 3, 2004
      Hello everybody..

      It is hard to believe that it has been almost two years since the last wind diesel conference, and it is clear that industry is not showing any signs of slowing down. There are now four wind diesel power systems in Alaska, another being installed in the Philippines, plans for ones in Chile, the Australian Mawson base in Antarctica is getting a significant amount of its energy from wind and the U.S. National Science Foundation is thinking of adding wind to the diesel stations on both ends of the earth. In 2004 we will have the opportunity to talk about projects from every aspect.

      We are again planning on holding the conference in Anchorage Alaska, primarily because of the strong development that is going on there.

      The planned date for the conference is September 28-30, 2004. We are again planning tours of an operating wind diesel system, something that all of those who attended thought were quite valuable.

      We are still working on the logistics for the conference and will be providing more information to you shortly. I would encourage each of you to visit the conference web site as we will be updating this on an ongoing basis.

      www.windpoweringamerica.gov/wkshp_2004_wind_diesel.html

      We look forward to seeing all of you up in Alaska,

      Ian

      E. Ian Baring-Gould
      Senior Mechanical Engineer
      National Wind Technology Center
      National Renewable Energy Laboratory - MS3811
      1617 Cole Blvd. Golden, Colorado 80401-3393 USA
      Phone: (+1) 303 384-7021 - Fax: (+1) 303 384-7097
      Email: ian_baring-gould@... www.nrel.gov